Do Bassists get the girls?n worst things said by non-bassist

well i think some girls appreciate the bassist cos we can handle our intrument which is big, long and thick!!!!!

booyaaaah

read pg 1 of this thread and felt quite true...a bassist really dun receive as much attention as guitarist..for most cases... unless... maybe u slap and pop? most pple arent trained to catch the low sound of the bass... so... yea i have received comments like... "dude.. u stand there play wad? i cannot hear lei.. ur amp got on?" got kinda sian... no motivation... but looking back.. i was standing on stage as if i was in my own world.. standing at the exact same spot.. how can pple notice u like that? so a piece of advise from a not-so-gd, make urself be heard... if u present urself in a confident manner, even if u noob, pple wont know...

agree, totally... showmanship is a whole skill set in itself... if you are damn zai but u stand behind and stone, you're still pulling down the overall image of the band, i feel. as compared to an average bassist that's just doing what's required, nothing flashy, but he's really rocking out (if that's your genre)... then the audience will really enjoy themselves more too.

Entwistle

Remember John Entwistle from The Who is called The Ox because he just stands there stationary playing the bass guitar.

More importantly, he's called Thunderfingers because of his speed and technique. So just do your own thing, and play your best. Bassists don't seek attention. Attention comes when you're good.

Rather, it's more of a balance. Surely you can't be headbanging and jumping around while attemping Potraits of Tracy, but then again, surely you can be headbanging and jumping around while pumping roots for your band.

well i think some girls appreciate the bassist cos we can handle our intrument which is big, long and thick!!!!!

booyaaaah

Kekekeke true but the Drummers have Better - -- "Stick-Control" a very important aspect to them......Nah...I was just joking around...

Have Fun my dear Bassists and a great day to all of you

Eric

In general, bassist is important in a band as well as the drummer, guitarist, vocalist so on and so forth.

Everyone of them plays a very important role in the band, without anyone of them, the music i strongly suppose will turn out to be crap.

So do bassist get the girls? It all adds up to jealousy ain't it? Who care about it anyway if you are really playing it for passion.

Girls are just like bonus in this situation.

WOOO!!! well said Benn woohoo!!

U should have the looks to get the girls....hahahaha...Dont care what insrument u play....U got the looks and skills...U can have al the girls u want....During performances just take off your shirt...hahahahah

HAH! :) i think dont just depends on looks :p must have skillzzzz. and take off shirt, if the guy fat how siah. :p if the guy has a super rad bass i sure go for it hehe...

hahahah! my boyfriend looks better than you :B

waraoweh - Unever even see me b4 ...?

3685508273_977cf55ce2.jpg

and my rad bass bod:

3530593626_e08634b36c.jpg

Back