Christian/Catholic singer wanted for interfaith music project

The Shah

Hi guys, Shahrul here again. I'm working on an interfaith music project with an acquaintance of mine, Rabbi Meir Kalmanson from the Jewish community in Singapore. We're looking for a third vocalist to feature on this non-profit project, so if you're interested, come and see if you have what it takes.

Here are the main criteria:

1. You can sing. Versatility is encouraged. The main genres of music we are looking into are hip-hop and R&B, but don't worry too much about this, because we'll analyse whether your vocals can suit our project. Oh, and it would be cool too if you can also rap, but this is not a requirement.

2. You are from the Christian/Catholic faith or any of its denominations - you will be directing attention from your own religious community, so it would be an added advantage if you perform regularly at your church, etc.

3. You have a passion for your religion, as well as for the message of inter-religious harmony. This is to ensure theological neutrality, balance and a solid core for peace.

If you're interested, and you fit these criteria, send me a text at 93205035, and/or drop me an e-mail at beg.for.mercy@live.com.sg. It would be great if you can prepare for us a demo in mp3 format, or direct us to a recording (Youtube, etc.) that you have done for vocals. Then send these along with the e-mail.

ALSO:

If you didn't fit any/all of the above criteria, but are still very much interested in being a part of this project in terms of writing lyrics, musical composition or beat-making, drop me a text/e-mail as well.

Hear from you soon,
Shahrul Osman

Additional info!

It doesn't matter if you're already involved in a band, or something to that effect. This is a side project, which implies we try not to take up too much time.

Oh, funny thing. It was after I met up with Rabbi Meir to explain to him about this project that he directed me to Matisyahu's music on YouTube. So we're also looking to Matisyahu for inspiration on music and lyrics. He's good. =)

Back