choristers and rock

ixora05

okay the title is a bit misleading but this is just the stuff I gleaned from an 'argument' and a tirade from one of my chorister friends in sch (he's in the a cappella group The Tenor Bass Brothers btw) and I wanna hear what you guys think.

choristers--can they sing rock? there's an idea that choristers are superior because they can adapt to anything whereas rockers can only sing rock.
(for that matter, on the subject of rock--style of singing or entire lifestyle?)
pple don't want choristers for a vox because they are mostly stoned and refuse to rock onstage properly, due to classical singing style. refuse to be shameless onstage.
my question is, can choristers make good vox for most singaporean local bands?
and is there an unfair stereotype against choristers as vocalists? most big names in the industry started in choirs, to be fair. (Christina Aguilera anyone? lol)

if choristers are those people from choir, well , they can sing rock. The vox in my band is from choir. if your're from choir, you'll have a headstart in singing rock .

of course it'll take some time for them to adjust to a different kinda rock voice. its not that they can or not, it whether they want to or not

I have a naturally rock voice :?

Sometimes I wish that I could have a voice as clear as a chorister and sing softer stuff but my voice ends up like distorted.

I guess I was a guitar pickup I would be an EMG - good for high-gain and nothing else :lol: (okay not really serious here so EMG fans don't flame me! :oops:)

Sebastian Bach from Skid Row was a soprano when he was a kid, in his church's choir. Fine example of a charismatic frontman, coupled with great pipes.....

Most of the time i think it's misconceptions and stereotyping?

lol I think by now it's pretty obvious that choristers are people from choir. sorry bout that haha.
hmm..choristers have a head start in singing rock...never looked at it that way before.

Back