LF: Angular/Math Rock Bassist and Guitarist (Foals, Alt-J)

Godspeed64

Kinda a last call, been looking for members for this project but we keep finding people who don't fit.

High commitment, weekly jam. We are knee deep into songwriting (have roughly 4 tracks now) before we can hit some shows and record some tunes for distribution/traction. We aim to play angular rock (Foals, Alt-J), with an interesting bedrock of textures, the finesse to do math rock/math pop, with a constant understanding of groove.

Currently the members we have are:
Me, I'm Taufiq, a guitarist. I've been playing in projects such as Atlas, Your Sister's Postman, NOHSH, and Rock Concert Heroes.

Yul is on drums and she plays for NOHSH, and sessions for Jonathan Meur.

Christine (vocalist), and Leena (keyboardist) are new to the scene.

What we're looking for:
Experience
A few trials with people who haven't worked in bands showed that they lack a cohesive view on songwriting in a band context.

Commitment
If you've not been in NS, or you have plans to relocate or go on exchange, I'm sorry it's unfair to the rest of the band if we get you onboard!

Textures
We want you to have a feel for textures, to paint landscapes with your music.

Time Signatures
The music must have a finesse for math rock, but need not live in that spectrum. Hence interesting time signature changes should not throw you off, or at least be able to pick up quickly.

Reach out to me at 90113112, with your experience or clips of your playing.

Thanks for reading!

Any bassist out there? Most recent candidate pulled out for work committments so the role is still open!

Latest posts

Back