Carbosticks

woo that sounds real good... wonder if can use it to write on paper... haha... imagine that, bring drumsticks to school then use them to write...

No la. they're really nice. I tried them out at the store and it feels fantastic. I didn't even know that they were marketed as such a big deal, lol.

ixora,

Hi girl, yes i have heard of these sticks and have tried them. Quite good but because I was committed to bring in my current brand of sticks, I turned down the offer to carry these sticks, I might reconsider for this coming year.

but then right, because now got like wood sticks and when they start to wear out i can go try some different sticks... if like u buy that caron fibre stick it might get stuck with u for years... lol... i love trying out new sticks... talking about that, nigel u got any good pairs to recommend that isnt too expensive either? i wanna get one new pair for myself and one maybe for this special person's birthday... :lol:

oh yah and how much are ur brushes... and also i was wondering if u got any sort of drumstick bag that is like not too expensive and quite small... for my few different pairs of sticks and brushes... not sure where to get them.. saw them at the yamaha shop but its like WAY over my budget

hey..
a pair of carbosticks i do own.

medium gauge 5b classic tip.
read a review [below] that they last prolly like 4-5 times longer than wood-- not unbreakable.

tried it out at the studio few weeks back and they chipped at the shoulder in seconds, no doubt, but feels quite good. hella heavy tho.

supposedly the grip's better cos of the material (but different from nigel's stock of unigrips, heh, those sticks are sweet.), but me sometimes sweaty hands felt a little weird while playing. still, it's not bad.

hell, the cost could set you back at about 30bucks or 2000yen.
wouldn't mind trying out a lighter pair if i had the chance.

the review is found here: http://www.musicmartonline.co.uk/content/reviews/default.asp?Category=Article&ID=157

distorted_soul,

2 things that i will be improving on this coming year is: drumsticks and heads. I am clearing the current stocks of Unigrips so that i can bring in some other sticks. I will also be looking into brushes and mallets.

If you need these urgently, I will not be able to support you on them yet at this moment.

I will be bringing in Aquarian heads coming year.

Stay tuned!

hey Nigel if you do bring in the sticks let me know! I'll definitely get me a pair. or get someone to get me a pair. hoho. I would've bought then and there in Akihabara but the shop was outta stock.
and Unigrips? never heard of those...are they good?

Back