Canopus??

jenocide

Uh... just wanna know if any local retailer stocks this brand. haha. anyone can give me more information too? i have seen a few musicians in japan being endorsed by this brand. they have this carbon fibre kit... which is kinda cool judging by the material itself..... research thru here has shown some really good facts about the material, so i may wanna consider this lol...

so uh... anyone? with information? hehe...

Last edited:
no, its a japanese drum company... not the one you mentioned

canopus-logo_02.jpg

i like the brand very much. found out about it cos i subscribe to this japanese drum magazine "rhythm n drum" and they often feature canopus kits in reviews.

the workmanship and finishing looks good... the african mahogany jazz kits looks wonderful... hope i can try it when i visit japan again

Just click on [english]
http://www.canopusdrums.com/en/index.html

I first heard about them and their zelkova snares. Amazin' stuff.
Outside of Japan, they've only got distributors in USA and Korea to date.

Hope you've saved up enough. A 3pc CF kit from canopus lists at approx S$17,000. I reckon you may be able to get them at maybe 30-40% off list? *shrug*

Anyway, if you're looking into CF, check out Paul Mason at Tempus too. He's known for his CF, and FB (Fibreglass) drums.
http://www.tempusdrums.com/

Last I remembered, Mr Tama Goh was bringing in some Canopus drums. Ridiculously expensive though....I remember he brought one when he was a guest drummer for a concert. I must say I'm quite lucky to have played that set...such a warm and focused sound.

yarrrrr... when i heard tama happily grabbing canopus i was thinking haha basket, he also eyeing the same stuff.... hehh i gian it even more than a gretsch... wooo *rubs hands*

Canopus drums... wonderful shells n workmanship at super insane prices. makes Sonor & DW seem cheap. but i really hope they're as good as their price suggests and not just a brand pricing itself extremely high to seem really good.

hmm.. there's quite a few great drummers in US tt uses canopus drums...
apparently it's like one of the common brands... i would love to play a gretsch drumkit first b4 comparing... otherwise.. canopus is a great kit in my opinion (too much of hearing/seeing yamaha stage custom all the time...) :) and oh yes, warm sound!

Canopus is also the Esplanade Recital Studio set. FREAKING AWESOME.

Sparkling green with pink bindings. Awesome awesome.

Back