can a EMG fit ?

siva

i got an ibanez rg 2570

im planning to throw in a emg81 into my bri to try out

for my guitar .. the pickups are direct mounted

i would like to knw if an emg pickup can fit into pickup slot there..
without any digging watsoever..

any feedback is welcome . thx !

most probably yes. however i did encounter one prestige with the pickup cavitys routed pretty shallow, just enough to fit the stock pickup on the foam blocks,but not deep enough for a bill lawrence XL500. im not sure of the thickness of a BL compared to an EMG though.

KC from guitar connection routed it in record time,really good job and great price.

EMG active pup CANNOT mix with passive pup....pot values diff etc...

chnange both to emgs la :lol:

fgl said:

well, theres the EMG Pi2, just wire it to the passive pickups, and u can mix the two. tone is expected to change, naturally.

Fruitwine said:
fgl said:

well, theres the EMG Pi2, just wire it to the passive pickups, and u can mix the two. tone is expected to change, naturally.

emg pots 25K passive either 250k or 500K - either do emg or passive 8)

UNLESS u goin for the emg HZ pasive pups 8)

ah apologies! its the PA2.

im not sure if u get what i mean, but the PA2 is a pre-amp booster that converts the signal of a passive pickup into a low-imp one, allowing it to be mixed in a signal with active pickups. its been done by many, i.e. seymour duncan into the pa2 followed by the circuit's controls. there is a trim pot, so the amount of boost can be set to balance the output of the two pickups.

thx for the inputs ppl !!!

really appreciate it

so the easiest way would be to change both to emgs rite ?hah.. tts wat im gonna do ..

btw .. will a epi les paul have enough space for the emgs ? will digging watsosver be required?

PA 2 - ok... but get the EMG afterburner better - up to 20DB of gain and can adjust via the pot...more versatile.

u can actualli mix a passive pickup with an emg active pickup tho many ppl dont do that and those who do usually add up the emg pa-2 to the passive pickup.

how do i know? cuz im using an active emg81 wif my stock passive pickup on my neck. did not get the emgpa-2 tho. this causes my middle pickup switch to be totally overpowered by the emg and thus, the middle switch sounds like my emg bridge pickup. haha. not like i ever use the middle pickup switch anyway, so no biggie for me there.

more info stolen from the emg website....
Can I mix EMG's with passive pickups?
It is possible to mix EMG's with passive pickups. There are three possible wiring configurations; one is better than the other two.

Use the high impedance (250K-500K) volume and tone controls. The problem is that the high impedance controls act more like a switch to the EMG's. The passive pickups, however, will work fine. If you have a guitar with two pickups and two volume pots, with a three-way switch, there is another alternative. Use the 25K pots for the EMG, and the 250K pots for the passive pickup. This way you can use one or the other with no adverse affects, but with the switch in the middle position the passive pickup will have reduced gain and response.

Use the low-impedance (25K) volume and tone controls provided with the EMG's. The problem here is that the passive pickups will suffer a reduction in gain and loss of high-frequency response.

This is the best alternative. Install an EMG-PA-2 on the passive pickups. There are two benefits to doing this. With the trimpot on the PA-2, you can adjust the gain of the passive pickups to match the EMG's. The PA-2 acts as an impedance matching device so you can use the low-impedance EMG controls (25K) without affecting the tone of the passive pickups. You will also be able to use other EMG accessory circuits such as the SPC, RPC, EXB, EXG, etc. For this application, we recommend ordering the PA-2 without the switch for easy installation on the inside of a guitar.

and yes siva, im pretty darn sure emgs can fit into an epi les paul. cuz the zakk wylde epi has the emg hz on em. so no worries there!

hi...i'm here for another "can emg fit" question.
pardon me... :)

can a EMG fits into a ibanez SA guitar?
i once had a epiphone G400, after inspection by luthermusic.
they claim that the body is too thin to fit in the battery cavity unless i route it externally.

since a SA has a even thinner body, can it?
has anyone had a EMG active in a SA?

SA doesn't have a thin body.

Sabers have and I've seen Sabers with EMGs in them.

Why not bring the SA to Davis, and ask them if it can fit?

Back