Buzzing amp

Kaye

Hi softies! Not too sure if I have posted on the right section.

I finally managed to hook up everything to my computer.

Guitar > effects > Line6 amp Line-in > Presonus Audiobox > Garage band (I'm a noob)

And when I monitor it through my headphones. I can hear an annoying buzz. So I unhook the amps have have it straight from my effects through the Presonus and the buzzing is gone. But the recording sounds really thin even through the "amps" on garage band.

Hmmmm... Is there any way I can remove the buzz? Or do I have to get a new amp?

Advice needed. Thank you! :)

Might be a ground loop (amp is not grounded properly, or something wrong with the power outlet, try changing around), might be the cables. Anyway some of the GarageBand amps sound quite good to me, and I would either go direct to interface, or mic the amp, but not use the amp's line out.

Most USB interfaces are slightly noisy though, and the amp might just be making it more obvious. When I record demos in GarageBand I have the noise gate as high as -30 something dB, and use the graphic EQ to minimise the remaining noise.

carboxymoron: I'll go play with the amps with garage band tonight. Hopefully I'll get something decent. :) My environment would be too noisy to actually mic the amp. So pedals > interface might be my only way.

Thanks for the advice! :)

I have another question. Is there any budget amp that has a decent line-out? Was reading up online but none was mentioned. Hmmm...

Back