Bright Young Things Audition! Jazz Mentorship Programme

Mosaic Wenrui

The Bright Young Things jazz mentorship programme is back for the third year! A component of the Mosaic Music Festival, this program aims to identify, nurture and support the next generation of jazz talents. A maximum of 10 young talents, between ages of 15 and 25 will be selected to work with assigned instructor-mentors through a rigorous 10-week period which culminates with performances at the festival. They will also get opportunities to attend events and meet the festival artists.

We’re also adding two new features in the program. Aside from auditioning as individuals, we’re also encouraging bands (not more than six members) to audition as well! In addition, we are also creating more performing opportunities during the 10-week program in the form of jam sessions at BluJaz!

Participants will be assessed both as a solo performer, and also as a musician in a band. Candidates are asked to prepare a medium tempo jazz standard, and will be tested on sight-reading and improvisation.

Visit http://www.mosaicmusicfestival.com/2011/microsite/byt.html to download your application form!
Should you have any questions, please email brightyoungthings@esplanade.com or call us at 6828 8337.

Deadline for registration 8 Dec 2011
Audition will be held at LASALLE College of the Arts 10 & 11 Dec 2011

Hello! i'm pretty interested and confident to pass both improv and a jazz piece.. but my sight reading really cmi.. haha.. should i still try?

Back