Boss DS-1: A detailed take!

Ok,

Mine is a Made in Taiwan DS-1 / black label. But the chip Toshiba TA7136AP opamp.
I've tried a silver screw quite the same sound..

I had an mij DS1, it while it sounded good at bedroom levels, it tends to fizzle out at gig volumes. Ask shredcow.

I prefer to use it as a booster rather than a primary drive pedal...check out the setting when Mr Vai used it during "the animal" in live at astoria.....the gain was at almost zero. Using it to boost an already overdriven amp works wonders.

yea i am getting it too! iits gonna be my first pedal man. haha where can i get it (cheap and good) =x

Swee Lee, Ebenex, Standard Value, Look For Beez, Blackwood should have the BOSS DS-1 in stock..
If you need them pre-modded, Look For Beez has his Beez mod, Standard Value has the Mike mod, and G77 has Robert Keeley's Ultra Eye-Seeing mod..
I may not enjoy the stock Taiwanese DS-1 tone as it sounds nasal, but some people have used it in their music and it sounds great.. It all depends on your settings, amp used and guitar used as well.. ;)

Yeah man.. One of the best purchases I've made..

12V? Not yet bro.. Haven't got a chance to get a Power pump yet.. And Shred stay tuned for a fuzz pedal I just ordered! You might find it pretty interesting! :cool:

sounds really good man....i spy some nice classic riffs! The older ds-1s do have magic....

Thanks for taking your time to listen! Haha..
Well the DS-1 somehow motivates me to play classic kinda stuff..
Probably cause of it's voicing? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well, sound is what inspired us to play so sound is what will inspire us to play!

:D

Quick! Get on with the 12v thing leh... why you so slow?!

Back