Blues pick-up

Jayshen

hi

jus want your opinion.... i want to chang my pick-up for my strat... i wan something tt is good to play blues.. any suggestions??

Fat 50s. Go do a search on TGP or on youtube for devil-tone aka eric-d's videos demoing his gear with his strat with the fat 50s. hawt damn.

That's right.. Everybody give a different pickup.. Hahaha!! Now to add my own!! :twisted:

Kinman Blues? Or maybe Fralin Vintage Hots? I've heard very good things about the Suhrs that ChanMin mentioned.. Hmm.. That's 3..

1. FENDER HOT NOISELESS SET

2. TEXAS SPECIAL SET

3. TEX MEX SET

4. DRAGON FIRE BLUES SET

depending on your budget - I've used all and they "kick" for blues on a strat

I personally have a set of Fender 57/62 on my mim strat, sounds sweet
can hear shades of clapton, buddy guy, srv

dimarzio virtual vintage blues or samarian cobalt noiseless(fender).

also , plus must adjust the height properly(eg.higher bass,lower trebles or vice versa to your liking)

Also For blues playing, most of the time you'll be playing clean or with little break up, so its always good to have pickups that are quieter(especially for recording).

String gauge will also play a difference too! higher gauge for better attack and more percussive sounds.
:D

i have the 57/ 62 (mid) in my 50th Ann strat- to me, it's super pleasant but not quite raunchy enough for blues-type drive
stratwith57pickups.jpg

With all the recommendations above....

Don't change the pickups! Just concentrate on woodshedding!

well , personally having played with the Kinman Avn blues set and the Suhrs.

really man. Suhrs lose out in the quiet/hum free department.
and i paid half the price i paid for the kinmans.
but the single coil tone is very very balanced
and versatile with and without gain. Kinmans are alittle "clean" but can hold alot more gain before losing definition. Suhrs slightly more Raw and abit more beef.

only thing ive tried that rocks harder ( win only by abit ) then these pickups are custom shop strats and my EJ strat's neck and middle pickups.

I really like the BLs on Goose's guitar... and very quiet stuff... even with ridiculously high gain (od into a big muff) its still pretty quiet.

And yes, I say this also to reinforce myself coz I installing them on my new guitar. :lol:

noiseless but still true single coil scream .... the rest doesn't even come close and BL's are so versatile can be applied to any style imho !!

Truely amazing !!

My 15 yr search for THE pup ended when i found BL .... :D

Back