Bass GAS Thread 2005

wow , Thanks James for giving us bassist a forum of our own, Thank you :)
Any of you guys tried the beat up music man sabre in guitar connection? I have tried it out for 10 mins, the tone is great for slap and pop, but the price is very steep too .

Cheers
purplehaze3691

I think it is black , but the back of the bass is very season due to belt buckel scrapping , but it is still a very good bass, if I tried it a while more, might end up buying it. :)

cheers
purplehaze3691

About $1500, sorry , I do not know whether it is ernie ball or pre-ernie ball. First time touching a music man bass and now gasing for music man stingray :)

well, ernie ball basses has the word 'ernie ball' on it. pre ernies have just the 'musicman' logo

but $1500 seems ok... but must see the condition first lah.

ops...... never c this bass gas forum until i post my gas on the guitar section........ nvm....... i use repost here....... :eek:

my dream gears ....... :lol:
1) Yamaha bass TRB-1006
2) Warwick Thumb 6 sting bass
3) Boss GT-6B bass effects processor

so if any1 got any of the items mentioned above........ n willing 2 donate or throw away...... free feel 2 contact mi....... :wink:

:twisted:

I know how to dream...

Musicman Stingray 5
Musicman Stingray 4
Musicman Sterling 4
Fender Jazz 62 reissue / parts of it
Ibanez Gary Willis Signature fretless 5
Rottenramone's Kubicki if i got anymore money after all that...

Tonebone Bassbone DI
Sansamp Bass Compactor
Ehx Bass Micro Synthesizer
Ehx Bassballs
EBS Octabass
Digitech Whammy Pedal
HUGE pedalboard

David Eden CXC 112 (1x12 combo)
Ampeg SVT-4Pro head
Ampeg 8x10 cab
Some Alesis verb.

Shure wireless system
A really cool hat
Lots of beers.

Grand total = ard 25k. Not gonna happen soon heh!

i saw a musicman sterling 4 on sale at tanglin mall cold storage... at 1.8k (neg). black with maple board. name is sany HP 94362272. think its the same as the ad posted earlier at luther?

Re: ..

yea , i called up and asked , expensive man !

hmmz for me , i am a simple man with simple tastes :p

1) FENDER AJB-58 OCR aerodyne jazz bass
2) FENDER 51 " reissue P-bass
3) musicman (pre ernie ball) stingray 4
4) musicman sterling
5) yamaha 374 (with pickup swap and retain covers)
6) Cort curbow ( cute but very unbalanced )
7) FENDER JB62-75 classic jazz 62"
8) hofner viola 62" reissue bass
9) epiphone jack cassidy chambered bass
10) gibson - Les Paul bass
11) fender 57" reissue P-bass
12) gibson original EB-O viola bass
13) schecter c4 / c5 ( they are really beauties)

amp
1) fender bassman (60s era bassamp)
2) fender rumble 30w ( for home practive)
3) vox classic AC30 (not for bass though , maybe a guitar i suppose)

i tried the cort curbow 4... damn nice bass man!! light and resonant! and the slap tone is killer!!

purple's my kinda colour as well. hahahah

but its a bitch to play sitting down cos the body is too small.

yeah la, the lower horn is cut for the anorexic. On days when i'm slimmer can still try to play sitting... How you find the slap coutour switch though?

nice :D

but its more like a pickup selector than slap contour switch ?

dunno .. its just like guitar , flick here flick there , unlike those EMGs with active preamps which require u to pull the knobs up

the cort curbow is very very playable , easy on the ears too but body a tad too small .. the ebony fretboard is also gorgeous and it sports a luthite neck

LOL, 3notes, the ampeg SVT-4 Pro.
I went down to Yamaha just now, no more SVT-810E cab leh... how? :?

Curbow's fretboard is ebony?
I thought it was artifical thingy... like what 3notes told me, synthetic or something. Sure doesn't feel like wood to me.

My turn!

Heh. You guys are all for the historical stuffs.

Tried and tested, tried and tested.

Hey, Imma looking for a bass that gives brilliantly sweet highs and good warm lows at the same time, with much note clarity. Mmm.. something with at least 24 frets.

You guys have any ideas?

wangdexian said:
LOL, 3notes, the ampeg SVT-4 Pro.
I went down to Yamaha just now, no more SVT-810E cab leh... how? :?

Curbow's fretboard is ebony?
I thought it was artifical thingy... like what 3notes told me, synthetic or something. Sure doesn't feel like wood to me.

dunno .. was mucking about with the one at allmusic sometime back and was playing with the one at the swee lee sale.

the swee lee one had a sticker that said luthite neck. luthite neck not = to luthite fretboard if i m not mistaken. hmmz , besides , the fretboard dosent have open grains e.g like rosewood or anything. its a uniform one piece black glossy hardwood. looked very much like ebony and should be ebony if i m not mistaken. touch feels like wood too .

Back