Audio Interface Keyboard ???

damien

Hope someone can help me out on this.

I am actually looking for an audio interface for my guitar and was targetting the M-Audio Fastrack. Then upon browsing through the products from M-audio, I found this Keystudio 49i which can actually acts as an audio interface as well.

Am i correct to say that I can connect my guitar to this Keystudio via 1/4" cable, and then connect the Keystudio to my mac via USB to start recording guitar??? Has anyone tried this before and what are the difference in using Keystudio as an AI compared to say the Fastrack ???

If the above is true, I din know the existence of such products till now. And is there any other similar products out there?

Appreciate any guidance. thanx

You are correct. However, I can't be sure of the latency. If you're not going to use/record the keyboard and record your guitar/audio at the same time, it should be fine.

Similar products? Yes. The expensive Openlabs keyboards (NeKO and MiKO). It's a PC (with touchscreen) + keyboard controller + audio interface all in one.

Thanks for the replies, I am much clearer now =)

Ha, the Openlabs are definitely out of my budget, me just playing for leisure.

The Novation Xiosynth is definitely a good competitor for the Keystudio although it is a bit more expensive. It seems to be more "capable" than the latter like having the synth and patches functions (although these are things I do not need at this point of time). However, being a mac user, i have got the perception that I will have less headaches fixing the keystudio up. So i am currently caught in between on which one to buy ....

Roland Fantom G is other product, it doesn't break you piggy bank as hard as Openlab. But it does burn thou. Personally, I like the built and sound of Fantom G. Not to say you could do basic sequencing(better than garageband) if a virus kill a PC or Mac.

Back