Anyone digs Synyster Gates?

Synester

hello,i don't see a lot of Synyster Gates fans on SOFT,but he's me guitar hero.i heard of his playing on City Of Evil the first time and that was it,no turning back.My nickname is derived from his.Gee,anyone else here is a fan of Synyster?

perhaps you like to share whats the good quality of his playing which you like and the area which you might think he can improve on, for a better discussion/sharing thread.

Before this thread turn into bashing bout genre sucks, cant play solo live-sucksss or should listen to more music kinda thread.

Heh, it can be a warzone out here at times
icon10.gif

Last edited:
hey man,i would not want this thread to turn into a warzone.Listen to songs like Afterlife and Beast and the Harlot,you'll get whut i mean.As for live performances,watch his live performance at Long Beach,it's impeccable i tell you.

I have heard their songs before but you may wanna share what you like about his playing...;)

Share what you mean by 'impeccable'.. Cause I dont "get whut you mean"..

Haha.. To me insanely good is SRV, Hendrix, Greg Howe, Billy Corgan, etc..
To others, its Jeff Loomis, Kirk Hammett, Steve Vai, etc..

Oh well.. Nobody is as intense as SRV, as eccentric(musically) as Jimi(or eccentriX haha), as funky as Howe, or ingenious as Corgan! Well that's me.. Now it's your turn!

i just bought the long beach live dvd.. i must say he has certainly improved on his techniques but the super hot female dancers in the background were really distracting

OMG...synester gates=impeccable??ahahaha.impeccable=paul gilbert,vai,marty friedman,greg howe,jason becker,george lynch,eric johnson,van halen and many more but not gates...

OMG...synester gates=impeccable??ahahaha.impeccable=paul gilbert,vai,marty friedman,greg howe,jason becker,george lynch,eric johnson,van halen and many more but not gates...

I will include Joe Satriani to your list ;)

Share what you mean by 'impeccable'.. Cause I dont "get whut you mean"..

Haha.. To me insanely good is SRV, Hendrix, Greg Howe, Billy Corgan, etc..
To others, its Jeff Loomis, Kirk Hammett, Steve Vai, etc..

Oh well.. Nobody is as intense as SRV, as eccentric(musically) as Jimi(or eccentriX haha), as funky as Howe, or ingenious as Corgan! Well that's me.. Now it's your turn!

Hey there godspeed,erm no offence,but who's SRV?
Like i've said,watch the Afterlife Live at Long Beach video,you can see that Syn's playing is really smooth and he never misses a note,i know you guys are gonna say,"oh yeah but other guitarists like Joe Satriani is like that too!"

Well the main thing that i like about Syn is his riffs,i feel that they're soulful.this is just my opinion.

stevie ray vaughan. also +1 to billy corgan. that dude is incredible. not to diss gates though, I think he's great too. but still. BILLY CORGAN! :)

synyster gates. havent listened to a7x after their city of evil album haha so i cant comment much. i only know that his guitar looks real good.

some people like petrucci, i find him too robotic, too emotionless. you can just hear it. even on his ballads like Wishful Thinking can hear the robot in him. (though in Lost Without You he shows a bit of emotions haha).

i prefer guitarers who put emotion into their playing.

some people like petrucci, i find him too robotic, too emotionless. you can just hear it. even on his ballads like Wishful Thinking can hear the robot in him. (though in Lost Without You he shows a bit of emotions haha).

i prefer guitarers who put emotion into their playing.

then what bout him in The spirit carries on?

then what bout him in The spirit carries on?

oh yes, that was another of the rare moments that he puts emotions in his playing. not on the studio recording though, but on the Score version, i was really just "WOAH".

that song alone was enough for me to get both the CD and DVD version of Score haha.

Back