Anyone caught Paul Jackson on American Idol

JMguitars

So I was surfing the Net whilst my wife was watching TV in the evening.

At one point, my attention was drawn away from the PC by the sound of some good ole guitar playin.

A quick look and it was Paul Jackson playing a PRS singlecut on Amrican Idol -in the live band contestent stage.

I learnt today that he was playing through a Fuch ODS50.

I'm keeping my ears open tonite during American Idol in case there's more hot guitar playing!

Yeah his tone was awesome. Very nice single cut with the trem. Last american idol he used a THD univalve and a triaxis. Great to see a guitar player that is never talked about being discussed.

Does he play an Ibanez or use a Blackheart on stage? Cos that's all the rage around here right now.

Oh, can he play Canon Rock too?

Im guessing that everything he's playing is straight off the note charts ... given that there are quite a few songs to be played and which are based around the singer's preferred arrangment.

Here's what I find really impressive - the need to play exactly as written, with minimal mistakes and with enough emotion so that the song retains that "live" feel.

Taylorboy87, so your last reply....is it sarcasm too? :)

JM: Word. I think these guys are the a-list, being that they can just sit in and nail whatever the particular song needed...whether it being the vibe or note choices. Just an uncanny ability i feel that they possess.

Back