WTS: Jackson MIJ RR24.

jacksonrr3

Up for sale is a MIJ Jackson RR24 guitar in snow white color with black bevels.

Ok, before long story begins if you wanna know quick info please scroll down to about the deal part.

What it is:

Ok, this piece is the most dedicated lead Metal guitar I’ve ever played. From the appearance to the tone, its mean to shreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed arses wide open.
Its Randy Rhoads shape. So combining with what you know Jackson delivers, you know the action feel’s gonna be great. Neck-thru body, ebony fingerboard. Accessing 24th fret is a breeze, Even the 1st string. Not mentioning the compound radius fingerboard scale, the trademark Jackson shredder feel.
Tone wise. It was the few models(I remember probably only 4 out of the entire MIJ line of production) that input ebony fret board before Jackson redesigned the entire MIJ line(Your SLSMG/SLS3, Matt Tuck Signature, Phil Signature…can’t remember the rest, oh yeah, and btw, this is discontinued obviously.). So material wise this was pretty much one of the best of the Japanese line at that time. Jackson’s alder body, with ebony, produces some of the most bright and piercing tone that Rock/Metal history saw(Remember the old times when you hear Marduk, Children of Bodom, Darkthrone,Dimmu Borgir,Emperor,Immortal,Destruction and the list goes on…having one of their album with that bright, energetic, almos sound like wood cutting machine typa tone?) and EMGs in it help you to tail down that treble spike a bit, leaving a smoothier high end and more honky, ballsy tone. And that’s exactly what you get with this guitar. Open mids that goes honky city and best reminder of the good ol brown sound. Bright treble that help you cut through the sea of(wall of…whatever) of distortion and make you solo stands out. EMGs tightness also helped out with the shaping. So you find that this thing shreds like a dream, cuts the mix like knife in butter and end of the day, deliver that Metal style riffing thanks to the mids and EMG. If you like shredding, or playing furious and energetic music like power metal,(COB, dragonforce,…) this is serious deal of a good weapon for you. Fast, tight, fat riffs also means any melodic metal can be handled easily.
Has Floyd rose in it, single knob of volume. Best friend of a simplist metal guitarist(like me,) plug in and play and just shred.

Why I am selling:
Well, can’t resist the heaviness of new generation of 7,8string guitar metal bands. And I m digging the modern tone a lot more. So I m letting this go to fund for a mesa cabinet, or a 6505 for recording. I m a big tone freak and after the American beefy tone. Got tired of bright British styles.

Condition:
Working condition is tip-top. In fact I find myself recording with it most of the time. Used it to slowly handle the monstrous solos that I got scared away before thinking I m not ready yet.
Cosmetic condition:
Ok, this part NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION if you are considering it.

As a typical Randy Rhoads guitar, I eventually discovered that the dings are wore off by a tiny bit.
But the main thing is the painting part drop off behind the body. I will upload pictures for you to see how bad it actually is.

Back:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1532255966328.480955.768381327&type=3&theater

Dings:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1532255966328.480955.768381327&type=3&theater

SO IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE DEAL, BE SURE YOU ARE OK WITH IT. I m lowering the down my asking price with this accounted since people might want to do something on their own to restore it(extra bucks for ya if you want to paint or do whatever). But anyway this is mainly located at the back of the main body, just get your most unique poster/signature/trademark/whatever print out and paste it over and it looks even more awesome than a brand new guitar..
There is minimal oxidation on the hardware, no other dings and cracks thanks to the thick painting, frets are shiny. Just take it back, wipe off some dirt in the little corners(beneath the back cover, space below and behind FR bridge.) and the rest basically look as good as s a new guitar,

beside the dings though.

Ok, the most concerned part.

ABOUT THE DEAL:
I bought this during NS, probably 2010. from Sweelee, payed a good 2400 bucks for it. (You know, someone see themselves as the big bossy monopoly and overcharge us for years and thinking people are so stupid that they may or may not know what the thing really costs or they have no other choice but to buy.) But that is a price way ridiculous so I m not considering to base mine on that.

The MSRP for this guitar was 1799 USD, according to Jackson Catalogue. But there sure will be discount all round US. So take that into mine, I will base my price considering this guitar is new @ 1700 SGD( In case you wanna know calculation, I’ve seen 1299,1499 street price for this on US sites, alone w/o other charges like shipping and etc, oh well, and after exchange rate).

So I wanted to ask about 1.2k SGD for it. But knowing that people won really be so willing to spend at a guitar with “that” on the back of the body so I m asking 1000 bucks for this.

By the way, just to make it clear. I M NOT SELLING THE CASE since I got other RR guitars in the rack.

So if you are considering or want to know anything further, or just wanna rush to me and grab my hands telling me: “I m gonna buy this right now!”(Hopefully,;-D)
Drop a text to 92473146, text the best coz I do not use soft very frequent(ya know, all the fun ads that trains my APM and accuracy for starcraft 2)

Deal will be done at my house, you can test and play it. End of the day, I somehow think that I might know friends since people interested in this particular model may just share the same pool of interest with me,(mainly metal). And I think my amp is pretty arse kicking for metal.

And, just a little teaser. A demo recording I made with this guitar. Tone was not my ideal, but I think it was decent. Take it as a demo of the guitar.

Enjoy and HAPPY CNY if you enjoy it anyway, (holidays, or festival).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn6lVlO3plc

Last edited:
Wow bro, nice axes u have there in your YT channel. All the best in your sale! If only I have more cash, my 3rd jackson would be from you!

Wow bro, nice axes u have there in your YT channel. All the best in your sale! If only I have more cash, my 3rd jackson would be from you!

Thx. I seriously need the luck now. Time to move off from nice axes and on to soak myself into the amps/cabinets sea.

Back