any extremely durable strings out there?

teleplayer

I have tried ernie ball, DR, d'addario, Kgarage... and the e string always snap.. it happens to all my guitars... can someone recommend strings that are extremely durable?

Thanks. :p

erm for the d'addario strings, i just had them 2 weeks ago.... then others, they will snap when rust or snap suddenly...

There is no extremely durable strings IMO. Corroded strings snap easily and will wear out the frets.

Wipe the strings with a cloth after playing. You can use products like Dr Ducks or other string cleaners to clean the strings. These should make the strings last longer.

Try Wyres Strings.

When guitar is in tune, the D'addarios snapped after 3 extra full winds.

The Wyres tooks 12 exta winds to snap.

YMMV, but this is just my .02 cents.

:)

youre too rough la... i used to snap the high e alot, but now it doesnt even seem to snap anymore haha, be gentle !

1) nut not enough lubrication
2) frets have burrs(sharp points) in them or are rusty
3)you are picking too hard
4)saddle has burrs

look at where the string broke for clues

i've switched from eb to dadd to elixirs, no problem with breakage at all

oh, and

can the new softies stop creating new accounts and ask the same questions over and over again? Thanks.

Last edited:
Saddle not smooth
Nut not smooth
REstringing never stretch strings
To kanchiong, tune slowly let it settle for a day or two then tune up again.
Put you guitar in a dehumidified setting, string wont rust so fast.

I think it has to do with the burrs mentioned ^^^^. Its quite a common thing and you should really study where your strings meets the bridge. Study the entire bridge for that matter. Maybe even the frets and the nut could contribute to the string wearing down.

Strangely I've not broken a string in years through regular play. I just thought of it. Wow. I think I'm not as SRV as before.

I have been using Kgarage and D'addario. I have no problem with the E string snapping so far.

Galli Strings are surprisingly long lasting and good sounding. local dealer is red dot music: http://rdmgear.com

these strings last longer than all of the other strings i've used thus far - including d'addario, GHS, EHX, Gibson, Rotosound (avoid at all costs) etc etc

U should try Kurt Mangan Strings from guitar77. I used it for about 2 months+. It didn't rust that much and it did not snap either (but depends on how many winds of strings).

string snaps can be also due to artificial tension not applied when changing strings..

when u change new strings, insert the new string into the tuner but do not pull it through all the way and start winding.

instead let the string be loosely hanging, put ur index finger on a point just after the nut and start winding. in this way you stretch the string artificially and are able to coil more times.

for my lower 3 strings i give at least 3 coils for my higher 3 i give at least 7.

strings wise to me brand has never been a problem in terms of string snapping.

There are too much factors regarding the string breakage.
Its not just the string brand. check everything first.
check first which part of the strings break the most (near the nut or bridge)

check The guitar nut, maybe Bridge too high, Sharp Saddles, Rusty Frets, very strong picking, etc..

Hope this helps.:)

Your tuning machine could be sharp and is cutting the string where they contact. I had that problem once, and the string kept breaking at that point. I just wound it around the tuning machine more when I strung it up. Should slove the problem.

I used to use 9s but my high e string keep breaking, switched to 10s, no breakage ever since

10s

teokiatuan: HUH?

ok i think i picked too hard.. :mrgreen:

i've nvr broke 10s before. only 9s.

its ur saddle i think.

hehe. i'm gonna admit i'm not much of help cos i've not experienced ur problem before,

but consider this:

StringSaverlogo.jpg

SSsaddlesmain.jpg

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?CategoryID=3
:mrgreen:

Back