AMP HELP

How abt Laney amp? MXD 65 is now on sale @ onli $320 @ranking. Usual is $420. 65 W amp wif built in multi effects.

i want a good amp for 300 bucks? gonna be using for jamming with drums and home practice use my budget is 300 bucks and below

i'm gonna go with Ben: the new Line6 Spider2 combos are great for the money! was @ City Music recently $ tried both the 15W & 30W versions- both are impressive! i personally prefer the former though- it's on sale now, not even $300...

482256.jpg

brudder: City Music is @ Peace Centre, Sophia Rd... if you alight @ Dhoby Ghaut MRT you can either walk (2 bus stops away) or take bus No. 65... if you missed the stop- welcome to Little India :wink:

huh $200 plus?!?!?! I thought it was $600+ argg.... :D

comparing a peaveay bandit and this spider , which is better?

If i buy this amp , will i be able to have full control over my tone?

the Bandit & the Spider2 (this is a very new amp- you might have looked at another old one...) are in different turfs so to speak. the Bandit offers Drive/ Clean channel with tube emulation, that's about it. the Spider2 featured here offers various distortion voicings & some on board FXs, all these <$300 is really a steal.

the Spider2 is also offered in a 30W version which has a slightly bigger speaker & more FX combo in one activation. i hear more bass (expected) from the 30W than the smaller 15W sibling, this might be useful to some of us... 8)

this should be a no-brainer. Line 6's Spider 2 wins hands down. the only amps worth buying from Peavey are their Delta Blues amp, their Classic series, the 5150 (earlier model, though the 5150II is fairly acceptable), the XXX and the Satriani model, which is based on and similar to the XXX.

subversion said:
i'm gonna go with Ben: the new Line6 Spider2 combos are great for the money! was @ City Music recently $ tried both the 15W & 30W versions- both are impressive! i personally prefer the former though- it's on sale now, not even $300...
hey sub....hmmm the spider 11 has built in multi-fx...if buy with the footswitch,wat is the price?

Back