Amp Headaches again!

The-Warlord

Hello guys

My Randall RG100SC is doing the whole distortion while on clean channel thing again. Last time a change from a 2 to a 3 pin plug fixed it, so I was convinced the static was not ground (as the noise only comes after a few seconds). However, it has returned! I have tried the plug in a splitter, expansion, and direct to mains. No luck. After a few seconds i get a slight distortion on my clean channel and it's driving me insane. I have taken it to mikemann before and it was fine there. ANY ideas? :cry:

This might sound stupid, but leave it on ovvernight and let the amp heat up and listen for the problem changing over time. I once solved a Marshall amp problem by leaving it on for two days!

Is the problem with nothing in the input, or when the guitar is connected? Tried different guitars, different power points? Some houses have bad earths so it's a problem at your house, but not someone elses.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks for the answer.
It's with all guitars, all leads. I called an electrician to check the grounding in my house, but he didn't speak a word of englidh and was convinced the "pek pek" was from my amp :roll: 8)

If it it only happens with the guitars connected then it is with the amp jacks, so try and clean them with aheet of fine sandpaper (400 grit or higher) roller up like a cigarette. Use this to finely rub into the socket like the guitar cable. This will remove any crap on the socket and make a better earth.

cheers,

Mark.

you can make sure by plugging into another cab- this way it'll pin-point the cause, whether it's your amp or speakers.

Back