Affordable, not-so-expensive snare suggestions, anyone?

sharker_93

Ok so I saw this post from our fellow SOFTie here: http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread...(Brand-new-and-Unused)-THE-BEST-KICKASS-PRICE!

And I realise that the price is a little too expensive. No brah, not complaining or what but I'm still very very new to drums so I'm looking for a snare with a similar sound as the one in the link above, but not so expensive. Basically, I'm looking for a pretty sensitive snare which has a bright sound. Something similar to Chad Smith's snare, really. Budget's about $100+? Okay at most, $220 or $250.

So! Thought I might ask you guys here for model suggestions or something. Not looking for anything expensive, really. Just something basic and good, for my first snare. Cheers! :D

Ok so I saw this post from our fellow SOFTie here: http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread...(Brand-new-and-Unused)-THE-BEST-KICKASS-PRICE!

And I realise that the price is a little too expensive. No brah, not complaining or what but I'm still very very new to drums so I'm looking for a snare with a similar sound as the one in the link above, but not so expensive. Basically, I'm looking for a pretty sensitive snare which has a bright sound. Something similar to Chad Smith's snare, really. Budget's about $100+? Okay at most, $220 or $250.

So! Thought I might ask you guys here for model suggestions or something. Not looking for anything expensive, really. Just something basic and good, for my first snare. Cheers! :D

U pay for what u get basically. IMO, there are no such things, like u wan something to sound like a Craviotto and want to pay 1/10 of its price.

Anyway, check out Pearl metal snares.

Hey, u can try some metal snares, Pearl Sensitone elites have pretty good reviews, and if u want a sound similar to Chad Smith snare(I own it too), you should get a steel snare, very bright. If ur looking for cheap alternative maybe u can try the pearl sensitone steel snare, although it is not the same as pearl sensitone elite steel snare, it seems to describe the sound that u are looking for.

Just my 2 cents

Back