A SHow OF Hands.. Hey Soft IN Here!!!

to mr heartrock's qn:
well i dun have a band before RR2005, but i was there with a friend of mine. The number of audiences there was very very little. Most of them r friends of bands or the bands themselves. They leave after their band or friends band play finish. It seems that locals dun seem interested in gigs. But that's just my opinion regarding that.

Mr X is saying exactly what I was trying to say, that even a good gig like RR did not get the ideal audience response. How then can we boost industry? At RR, each band fork out close to 50 bucks to get the gig going, can we buy all the eqpt with $10/- from softies. With the total SOFT collected from donations to date is not enough to but a reasonably good guitar, so how long must we wait to buy all the MIs & SEs before we can get a gig going?

quite true.. its seriously not easy to get a gig going.. unless we can all band together and do someting abt it.. esp with the ridiculous prices event companies charge for setting up of stage.. strobe lights.. amps.. blah blah.. haiz.. the local music scene seriously needs the govt to at least inject some $$ for it to survive

don't forget you will need a place to store all the equipments after purchase. that again will incur some rental costs per month.

HeartRockSingapore said:
gordonzz, why shouldn't SOFT be funded by government?

then why should soft being funded by goverment?

its not about soft.. its about the goverment.. the goverment is not really that nice it seems on the surface :?

no!! if $10 from softy is enuff!! but i mean every softies!! :lol: theres like 5k member? LOL..

5000x10... = :D

hehe but not gonna work.. i doubt more than 50 softies will pay.

Ha.. you got it right gordonzz. Maybe only 100 softies are interested. Just look at this thread, it is just the few of us going round and round. the rest of the 5K softies prefer to stay out.

lol.. i decide to edit my post to 50.. :lol:

cause looking round the forum.. the active ones are only the few of us.. only once in a while u see a new nick asking some questions.. not much realli into joining this soft community. :p

forums are like trees... we only see what's exposed above, when there's even larger network of roots under the ground

dear heartrock and gordonzz, ya you are right we will not be able to get alot of SOFTies to contribute. just look at this website. we are not able to raise the minimum each month to maintain the site. :smt102

HeartRockSingapore said:
what should the govt do and what it should not?

do you think the goverment will support punkrock/metal rockers who rock the public with heavy music, some with vulgarities, singing about anti goverment..blah blah.. dressing like punks, metalheads going round singapore?

cause i think the local music now.. are all about bands.. punks..metal... but dont forget stephnie sun.. tanya chua < also local music leh..

if more music like tanya chua and sun yanzi..then maybe the goverment will support. :lol:

:lol: LOL im thinking.. aint it contradicting that the goverment supporting local music.. then those punks in local scene go and sing about how bad the goverment is and anti goverment? :lol:

Re: ..

shred5 said:
That i agree.. It takes time for some ppl to get into the game.

Everyone of us came here for different purpose. Some of us came here to try and improve the scene.. some came here just for fun.. some came here just to get gigs for their own band.. etc etc.. :?

HeartRockSingapore said:
is punk rock & heavy metal anti govt? It need not be right?

of cos not. some punk-rock and heavy metal very friendly one. but i'll say like not more than 6% of those bands are anti-govt... and there's a little saying about "a black sheep spoils the whole herd"(something like that). so maybe the govt have a bad impression on the scene...

Yeah.. but then it contradicts..

the so called real PUNK.. are all anti goverment.

those that dont sing about anti goverment is not punk anymore :lol:

seriously... punk roots are anti goverment wad.

lol

Punks are classified in different sub-genres..

for e.g. metal, powermetal, speed metal, blackmetal etc..

punks have emo punk, punkrock, pop punk etc..

Those who opposes the government are more to wad they call
"Street Punk"<-- which they suck...

Why live in this world if u wanna criticise people or hate people..
go to hell if u wanna hate people..

Soo real punks dun hate..

Street punk(suckers) hate...

understand??

Back