A Little Help Needed~*~*

theGroovyMusic

Hello everyone, appreciate the time you're taking to read this thread.

I'm basically moving onto electric after 1 year+ of acoustic guitar.
My budget is kinda like around $300+, $400 tops for a electric guitar, preferably with a thin neck ( I like the creaminess from a Les Paul, but my shoulder can't really tahan) and with easy access to the upper frets. My music taste comes from the likes of John Mayer, Los Lonely Boys, Switchfoot, Oasis mostly blues and alternative rock.

Friends have recommended me Squire Affinity, Rally Les Pauls, and Smash S2. But what I'm looking for is something with One single coil and Two humbuckers to get my fix of twangy-ness on the single coils, and expect to play some rhythm and solos on the neck/bridge humbuckers. I don't really need 2 single coils, 1 would be sufficient for me. I kinda need versatility in my guitar as I haven't really found the right 'tone' that suits me.

So, I'm like in a big dilemma, do i forgo the single coil, and get something with two humbuckers and then coil split it? Its kinda hard to find a guitar with HSH configuration within that price range? Brands/MIK MIC MIM do not matter to me, what matters most is the sound that comes from it!

I really need some enlightenment man!
Any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Regards!:)

Hello everyone, appreciate the time you're taking to read this thread.

I'm basically moving onto electric after 1 year+ of acoustic guitar.
My budget is kinda like around $300+, $400 tops for a electric guitar, preferably with a thin neck ( I like the creaminess from a Les Paul, but my shoulder can't really tahan) and with easy access to the upper frets. My music taste comes from the likes of John Mayer, Los Lonely Boys, Switchfoot, Oasis mostly blues and alternative rock.

Friends have recommended me Squire Affinity, Rally Les Pauls, and Smash S2. But what I'm looking for is something with One single coil and Two humbuckers to get my fix of twangy-ness on the single coils, and expect to play some rhythm and solos on the neck/bridge humbuckers. I don't really need 2 single coils, 1 would be sufficient for me. I kinda need versatility in my guitar as I haven't really found the right 'tone' that suits me.

So, I'm like in a big dilemma, do i forgo the single coil, and get something with two humbuckers and then coil split it? Its kinda hard to find a guitar with HSH configuration within that price range? Brands/MIK MIC MIM do not matter to me, what matters most is the sound that comes from it!

I really need some enlightenment man!
Any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Regards!:)
I highly recommend the Ibanez GRG270... It has H S H configuration, licensed Floyd Rose, cheap, around your budget. 24 Frets.

Heres the specs for the guitar:

neck type GRG neck
body Basswood body
fret Medium 24 frets
bridge ILT1 bridge
neck pu STD-H1 (H) neck pu
middle pu STD-S4 (S) mid pu
bridge pu STD-H2 (H) bridge pu
hardware color Black

All in all, its a perfect guitar for your choice of music, and perfect for your cash $$$! :)

Keep Rocking

Thanks Hupy for your recommendation, really appreciate it!

Please keep the recommendations coming in :)
Saved my money for quite awhile, don't want it to go down to naught!

hi! i was caught in the same situation, and i bought a BC Rich ASM Standard from Davis. cost : $395 ($415 with gig bag). 2 humbuckers, 24 jumbo frets, floyd rose, coil tap. which actually fits your criteria of "versatility", cos with the coil tap, not only you get 2 humbuckers, you get 2 single coils as well. i've used it for half a year now, and had no problems with it whatsoever.

Back