Yamaha AES620

Mobius

aes620_main.gif

Price Paid:
Bought it at a discount of S$785 a year ago. They were having a storewide discount then. The list price is around S$900+

Purchased From:
Yamaha Plaza Singapura

Features:
A Yamaha Alnico on the neck, a seymour duncan JB on the bridge. 1 volume knob for each pickup and one master tone. Toggle switch. Flamed maple top with mahagony back, nato neck, rosewood fingerboard. Set in jumbo neck. Grover tuners. Through body stringing. 1 year warranty. Made in Korea [9]

Sound:
When first played unplugged, the sound was very clear, crisp and has a "airy twang" to it. When plugged in, I was blown away by its sweet sustain and real smooth sounds. It manages to sound equally sweet when in clean or distortion. A very full, mid rangey sound with very clear harmonics. Top marks for its sound. [10]
Playability & Finish:
Playing on it is pretty comfortable due to the wide neck, pretty smooth. A joy to play. The finish is fantastic for a S$900+ guitar. It is in fact flawless, especially the flamed maple top. [10]

Reliability & Durability:
This guitar is rock solid. Looks like it can take a few knocks. As for realiability, my bridge volume worn out in last than a year, have it changed at the Yamaha Service center as it was under a one year warranty. Other than the faulty bridge volume, all other parts and electronics are still working well. [8]
Overall:
This baby is one gorgeous looker and has an equally gorgeous tone to match it. For under a grand, it is a bang for buck guitar. Easy on the wallet and its sound is sweet to the ears. I play hard rock and pop rock, and this guitar serves me pretty good. Check this baby out if you are looking for a quality guitar under a grand. [10]

Back