WTS: Yamaha ATT LTD-II (autographed by Billy Sheehan)

Chansey

Up for sale is a now discontinued Seafoam Green Yamaha ATT-LTD II, personally autographed by Billy Sheehan himself in 2008. Key specs are as follows:

Construction: Bolt-on
Scale length: 34"
Fingerboard: Maple
Frets: 21
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Pickups: Dimarzio Willpower

See detailed specs at: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...s/el-basses/signature_models/att_ltdii_green/

20150301_203152.jpg
(sorry for the bad photo, can't seem to use the attachment function right. Whatsapp me for more pics)

Condition of the bass is excellent, with some usual player marks/scuffs. Hard-shell case is included. Bass is currently strung with Billy Sheehan Rotosound BS66 strings. I will throw in an additional pack of BS66 which I don't foresee myself using.

This bass doesn't really need much introduction if you are a big fan of Billy and his work with Mr Big/Talas/Steve Vai/Niacin etc. Here are my thoughts about this instrument:

- This bass is not as much a one-trick pony as everyone thinks. By blending between the neckbucker and the bright P pickup, you can get quite a surprisingly wide range of tones from deep sub-tones to a more growly rock tone. I have even brought this bass out on Top-40/Jazz gigs with no issues. Of course, the bass REALLY shines in heavier genres like rock/metal.

- Although the neck has some heft to it, playability is excellent. I have always found it easier to do techniques like string bending or tapping on this bass.

- One thing I like is that notes on this bass ring out really well even unplugged. This is great for unplugged practice, and translates well to its amplified tone.

- If you are a big fan of Billy, a signed LTD-II will really stand out as a collector's piece for you.

Selling this as I have quite a few other basses now which serve my current musical needs better and this great bass is left unplayed in storage. Hopefully it can end up with someone who can really rock this bass out on stage where it belongs.

Asking: S$2,300 (nego, but don't lowball please). If you were disappointed that you couldn't nab the LTD-III at the clearance sale, this could just be the piece for you.

Please contact me via Whatsapp - 9six73five41eight or PM me. Thanks for reading!

Dropping the price down to S$2.1k. If you are able to deal quickly, I can shave abit off that as well. Please feel free to shoot any reasonable offers my way :)

Just FYI, a similarly autographed used Attitude LTD-II is selling at nearly USD$3k at Basscentral, see: http://www.basscentral.com/yamaha.shtml

Latest posts

Back