Rosette: Ebony, maple, ash
Body: Mid-depth composite bowl
Top: AAA-grade Sitka Spruce
Electronics: Optima pre-amp
Place of manufacture: USA
Condition: Very good
Case: Original hardshell case with all original paperwork
Asking price: S$1,375

I’m selling my Ovation 1994 Collector’s Series acoustic-electric guitar. I’m the first and only owner, and bought it on June 21, 1994 from City Music for S$2,375 (I still have the receipt). Letting it go for S$1,375, which is exactly $1k less than I paid for it. Selling it because my wife says I have too many guitars (not true, but better not argue), and I’ve run out of space to hide them at my office.

I’ve never gigged with the guitar, and have always kept it in the original case. There’s some wear, but nothing unreasonable for a guitar this age that’s been played-in instead of being kept dead in a case.

The neck is a joy to play, thanks to low action and natural finish that lets you feel the wood, but yet doesn’t compromise the neck’s incredible stability. I’ve only had to touch the truss rod once in the past two-dozen years.

There’s a small ding in the top, which is only cosmetic. There’s a tiny chip in the varnish at the point where the neck meets the top at the cutaway, which is common among Ovations and is, again, only cosmetic. There’s also some rust on metal parts such as the strap pins and cable jack. Email me for hi-res pics of these minor issues.

Sounds great plugged or unplugged. The Sitka spruce top, mahogany neck and ebony fretboard combine to produce great body, definition and balance, even with alternate tuning like Open D and DADGAD. The composite body is darn near indestructible and yields punchy sound projection.

Ovation isn’t the same guitar company these days. It’s a shadow of its former self, and the current so-called Collector’s Series guitars aren’t even made in the USA anymore, and rely on veneer rather than solid-wood tops. Whereas this 1994 Collector’s Series is the real deal, from Ovation USA’s golden age.

Email or PM me for hi-res pics.

Serious buyers are welcome to visit my office at Toa Payoh North to try the guitar before you buy.

Bank transfer or cash payment in full, please. No trades, thanks.

Attachments

• JPEG image-9C3324CB530B-7.jpg
    JPEG image-9C3324CB530B-7.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 296
  • JPEG image-CDF0A7111565-2.jpg
    JPEG image-CDF0A7111565-2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 296
  • JPEG image-CDF0A7111565-3.jpg
    JPEG image-CDF0A7111565-3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 294
  • JPEG image-9C3324CB530B-5.jpg
    JPEG image-9C3324CB530B-5.jpg