SOLD WTS Hot-rodded MIK Epiphone '63 Firebird VII including hardcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawldaddy

Selling a Epiphone '63 Firebird VII in Cardinal Red in used condition. Comes fitted with dunlop straplocks, and original Epiphone fitted Firebird hard case. Made in Epiphone's original Korean Unsung factory.

I did the following modifications:
1. Replaced original "grovers" with premium Gotoh 510 series machine heads for smooth and solid tuning action.
2. Swapped out the original Epiphone mini-humbuckers with a set of GFS Little Crunchy Mini humbuckers.
3. Custom wiring which enables you to use them in H-H configuration, the 3-way switch on the horn activates the middle humbucker and functions as a killswitch as well.
4. Installed new CTS volume controls with treble bleed mods so you can roll back your volume knob without the sound muddying up
5. CTS tone control installed, along with orange drop capacitor.
6. Pickup selector switch moved next to the input jack.
7. Installed Gotoh roller bridge for smoother action when used with the Epiphone Lyra vibrato.
8. Installed Tusq XL nut for better tuning stability.

This guitar looks and plays like a beast after the above modifications, which are altogether worth about $300. It literally breathes fire when overdriven, yet has plenty of snap and pop when played clean. The neck is one of the loveliest slim-taper 60s profiles I have ever encountered, and upper-fret access is superb as well.

Selling as is, works 100%. Item is used but not abused, comes with a few minor scratches and tarnished hardware so fussy buyers looking for bargain-bin deals and collectors hoping to inspect every last detail and haggle down price please look elsewhere. No dings, and frets are in excellent condition, 95% life left.

You are welcome to try before buying, I can have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe set up for you try it through.

$650 firm. No trades.

Pictures on request, or visit my carousell page, see the link in my signature below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back