Will there be a SingFest 2008?

I think bringing bands like bullet, trivium and LoG will attract alot of people :/
Cradle of filth coming would be pretty awesome!

More metal more punk!

Black Dahlia Murder!
Comeback Kid!
BEHEMOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waa!! This would be the ideal bands for me man..
Daamn!!!

\m/

but still some bands don't play an entire set. but better than nothing. i think it would be best if they know how to arrange the order of the band coming out. Bands like Mew should be played at night. Whereas bands like Paramore should be played during day.

Some of the bands i wish to see this year.
Eisley
Mew
Lamb of God
The Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
Mute Math
M83

warped tour and taste of chaos should come to singapore.
Saosin, The Strokes, Arctic monkeys, Sum41, MXPX, Anti flag, Eyes set to kill, Escape the fate, Silverstein, Amber pacific, Atreyu, Circa survive, Jimmy eat world, Cute is what we aim for, Mayday parade, Lostprophets, Sugarcult, New found glory, Thrice and The ataris should all come. Heheh.

It'll definitely be great to see any of the bands mentioned in the posts above and any below playing at Singfest this year if any ;).

Ps...+999912312398797123 for Saosin

KsE = I will be there,definitely.
Rammstein
NIN = He will be touring for YZ Pt 2 by then,so why not?!
some local flavour won't kill too,I want Lunarin there too.

Last edited:
The organiser has to plan with more 'care' I guess.
I don't think bands like noisettes have a big following here in Singapore.
Since its a 3 day affair, might as well make it genre specific.

Day 1 : R&B/Hip-Hop
Day 2 : Hard-Rock/Metal/Punk
Day 3 : Indie/Electronic-Rock-ish

Or squeeze it all in one day I dont give a flying beep.
They should bring in big/better bands, defnitely better than having a whole huge line-up.

Whatever the case though, it'll be cool to have a local band open like in 2007.

I just tried registering at their forums, they haven't send me the activation email. DAMMIT!
The forums suck ah, its basically just a bunch of people writing their mp3 playlist down. Which isn't wrong, but it isn't very realistic.

It says somewhere on the forum though, that its confirmed to be on the 2nd 3rd and 4th August.

I think these bands are going to bring the people in, regardless of wether I like them or not

Metal/Hardcore : Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Lamb Of God

Pop-rock/Post-hardcore : Paramore, Saosin (Loads of people wearing Sao-merch), Silverstein (So many people wearing their shirts)

Alternative : RADIOHEAD!!!!!!!!!!! (CONFIRM SOLD OUT!)

'Wildcard' bands would be like Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying and Rancid?

I'm praying for cheaper tickets. 150 is a little too steep. 75 = pretty cool.
CHEAPER DRINKS ALSO! THE lovelovelovelovelovelovelove MINERAL WATER COSTS MORE THAN BEER!

Thoughts? :)

Come on, $150 for 3 days to catch so many bands is pretty worth it if you ask me.
Seriously, if the fans don't wanna pay, no point bringing the bands down.

And Radiohead deserves 1 whole long show just by themselves!

I just tried registering at their forums, they haven't send me the activation email. DAMMIT!
The forums suck ah, its basically just a bunch of people writing their mp3 playlist down. Which isn't wrong, but it isn't very realistic.

Thoughts? :)

Google for their official site and EMAIL them. That's more direct. You might get a reply.

And your wishlist will drive up the costs of the show to insane proportions. It probably might drive the tickets upwards of $300++ or more. Live bands are insanely expensive to do. And we just dun have the threshold population to support a really huge music festival. We are talking about upwards of 25,000 people. And you will be probably still paying around $150 - $200 for a day pass?

haha agree with you there pedialite.

KSE will make it epic. along with IN FLAMES OR ARCH ENEMY!!!! DIMMU BORGIR would be a bonus. hahah

for singfest 07, most bands were all under the same label : fueled by ramen. to not risk the ticket price being so high, when you email Midas, ask them for bands under the same label, it'd be easier for contacts, &definitely not that costly ticket price. [:

Back