Why is Logic Studio so expensive in Singapore?

The-Warlord

List price is 499 USD, which equals 720 dollars. Amazon UK has it for 250 pounds, which is 521 dollars. These are not upgrades, but the full version. Everyone in singapore (including the official apple shop), has it for 920 sing. What gives?

Can anyone shed some light?

Cheers

@TS, is that so?
I just bought my logic express 8 for 380+ SGD :/

i wonder if we could just buy from US to ship in to sG :/ pay US's pricing

that's cuz it's logic EXPRESS...my friends got it for 800 (education). if you can friends studying music anywhere maybe you can get them to buy for you..

price discrimination prevails all throughout the world. the best way is to import it. it'll probably be slightly cheaper than what u get in SG anway

Logic express is diff from Logic studio pro 8 its like the difference between an Ableton lite (which comes free with every M-audio interface) with Ableton live 7... i'm currently using a Logic studio pro 8.. "what makes it so expensive" ? ok here's are some of the reason..

With logic pro, u received the the LOgic pro, Main stage, wave burner, sound studio and logic node.. it's a 5 in 1 kinda bundle.. with all that u don't have to fork out cash for any unnecessary plug ins or samples cos most of it is right inside there... what's important is that it's user Friendliness !!!.. unlike other DAW which may be a hassle to some.. so there u have it.

Any question bout logic or anything related feel free to ask.. thanks

Rayza

[=Rayza Aman

You didn't read what I wrote. I am looking for logic studio, not express. I am not asking why the application is so expensive - the value of it is fantastic. I am asking why it is 400 dollars more expensive in Singapore than to the UK or the US.

I import my logic Studio at $760 in total. The Apple store will not revise the price put on it on sometime back.

that's cuz it's logic EXPRESS...my friends got it for 800 (education). if you can friends studying music anywhere maybe you can get them to buy for you..

cuz what? there's nothing to cuz, express and studio are different products, what are you talking about? :mad:

@Kongwee & Rolandlim
okay, that's super low price *-*
is it possible to import upgrades? (express8->Studio)

@WarLord
Sorry to hijack your thread.

Last edited:
Back