Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

MARK TREMONTI tops my list. ZAKK WYLDE is second.

JIMI HENDRIX and SRV are big influences too.

Fave new guitarist is Justin King though.. That guy is whacked out good.

With my humble says,there's lots of great guitarist in the world,play with their own style of playing to have their own elements ..I judge great guitarist on melody,techniq,sounds,songs composing and etc...As for me i have only 1 in mind and he's......

Jason Becker = Versatile/Masterpiece Composer/Humble....

Although his ALS gradually robbed him of his ability to play guitar, to walk, and eventually even to speak, he still remains mentally sharp and, with the aid of a computer, continues composing.What a spiritual musician he's...May you long live Jason....

Jason Becker, (born July 22, 1969) is an American neo-classical metal guitarist and composer. At the age of 16, he became part of the Mike Varney-produced duo Cacophony with his friend Marty Friedman. They released Speed Metal Symphony in 1987 and Go Off! in 1988..

And my respect to Mr Ritchie BlackMoore....
Not forgetting to you all on your picks..
May B Peace Upon U'll....

eric clapton, jeff beck. and maybe satriani and also jimmy paaaaaaaaage

first time i heard 'cause we've ended as lovers' i fell in love.

1) Eric Clapton
2) George Harrison
3) SRV
4) Jimmy Page
5) Ritchie Blackmore
6) Steve Lukathar

Favourite guitarist is a personal preference.
For me, I like those guitarist with their own unique style.

My favourite top 3, not in particular order:

Eric Johnson
Marty Friedman
Nuno Bettencourt

Cheers!

I have a few favourites, think all already mentioned somewhere here in this thread but I usually love watching Paul Gilbert play the most, irregardless when he's playing in a gig or his instructional videos. He's one talented, crazy & funny dude. Tried learning his techniques, though I'm still bad at 'em, haha.
Here's one of his song with Racer X "Technical Difficulties" that I tried to cover...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTkMQjmqu6I

Fav guitarist still alive: David Gilmour
Fav guitarist that has passed on: SRV
Fav guitarist that is under 50 year old: John Mayer/Tom Morello

Hello Everyone.

To me, every guitarist has their own unique ways of approaching the instrument in crafting their art. And, it is this uniqueness which really distinguish a guitarist from another, even within the same genre. So, again if to pick just one from the never ending list of awesome guitarists in Planet Earth, is hard :p.

After some thoughts, I still could not point out to just one, so I decided to name 5 as each is an awesome guitarist and artist that have contributed great importance in terms of guitar playing (not by order of importance):

1) Jimi Hendrix - probably the player who has made guitar playing into some kind of 'divine' art form.
2) Eddie Van Halen - where will all the awesome modern shredders be without him.
3) Pat Martino - oh my GOD, he really makes me feel like quitting the guitar and get another hobby, yes he is that brilliant.
4) Greg Howe - put him anywhere in any genre with a guitar, he will amaze you every time.
5) Yngwie J. Malmsteen - yes, yes I understand some will disagree but nevertheless, he probably is responsible in having other guitarists started incorporating classical elements (neo-classical) in their chops or, relearning the harmonic minor scale :p.

Cheers!!!

1. Johnny Marr..i dont know anyone whose guitar is slight more melodic than Marr..It pisses me off that I cant play half his stuff..He is Brilliant..top man! HeadMaster Ritual, That Joke Isnt Funny Anymore, What Difference Does it make, Half a person, How Soon is Now should be a good starter for people who wanna listen to his guitar work

2. Noel Gallagher..He isn't the best guitarist in the world..but his words fit his arrangement..the Gallagher brothers pulled it off like no one ever ever did..and his anthemic lead guitar riffs of the 90s...i remember each one of them and can at least lead box on demand..that good! Cigarettles and Alcohol, Champagne Supernova, Live Forever, Some Might Say, Dont Look back in Anger, the list would never end..

3. John Squire..The Madchester Music maverick..he is how i want to look on stage..I wanna be adored should be a top song at any pub in Singapore

4. George Harrison..I am not significant enough to tell how good he is.

5. Johnny Buckland...The fact that he tries to replicate Marr stye in his new albums is good enough reason for me to like him

Back