Which poly offers better design course ???

32k for a 3yeard diploma course in visual comm.

went to the career fair last year to check them out.

think i might try unis abroad. but first, i'll have to get this masscom degree over and done with.

cos the intake per yr is around only 160 to 200...and the cut-off pts is around 16...and be prepare 4 interview...

ItAcHi said:
NYP...Digital Media Design...but its hard to get in...

Chey, I was from there. Think gonna cheated big time, lecturers just threw us notes call us do ourselves......ask them how to do they said cannot always rely on them must be on our own. Wat the xyz.......Maybe now better oledi.....U can go try try but think properly first cause those related jobs is not easy to find in Singapore, unless u are vry good or else its hard to find. From what I find out, 6 out of 10 from my course did jobs tat are totally unrelated to wat we study... :x

Aha! Defanately TP-DESIGN SCHOOL, man! We are the only design school that provides 5 DIFFERENT courses! What more.. There is one more course comin up! Diploma in Moving Visuals! So, Come on.. TP 4 U!! Hooorah!

Dee.

NAFA has produced results. I'm not one of em. LOL

Nafa has its ups n downs. One big drawback was that some lecturers are literally...not lecturer material.But...they CAN teach you many many techniques in illustration or digital media, many practicals you get to encounter what with the compulsory foundation studies in which you get a taste of all that Art has to offer during your first year. you jst need to pester them relentlessly.hehehe.

I personally felt some lecturers were reallllyyy good as in they taught us to be independent on our own social skills and disciplinary methods in the graphic design industry. It's either you have the passion to do it or you don't. Theory wise, you know it's all bullcrap when it boils down to rationalising your works.

ok a bit off tangent..
IMO if u have the passion to choose graphic design as a lifetime career, i'm sure you can make it in any school you choose. I chose NAFA..it was a constant struggle lah..but nonetheless...friggin worth it after you receive that diploma. :smt003

i guess La Salle should be the best place for design man..im not in La Salle though..im in SP Design Environment, Architecture...and my lecturer was an ex-lecturer at La Salle...and shes rather different from other lecturers..very cool and calm..funky and open to new ideas..a radicalists i mite say...wanna noe more den come join me~! muahah~!

there are a lot of foreign lecturers in La Salle SIA and i'm sure u know how much the govt emphasise on the importance of foreign talent eh?

if u're serious about design , maybe u should consider La Salle as ur first choice.

yup, i guess La Salle is the best..but if we're tokin bout poly de im not tat sure...NYP maybe??...but i guess its all the same lah..haha~

xcellancy said:
dunnoe leh...very hard to make a choice

First, I got to ask u something.
1. Are u those tat like to do lots of OT without any money?
2. Official working hours is from 8am - 5pm but in actual fact a designer working hours is from 8am - 5am(a bit exaggeratin ha) sometimes due to the workload.
3. Do u have a passion for design? Good at drawing? Realli considerin a career in this line? Or u just happen to be in the kick right now?
4. Do u like to go office everyday, use ur brain to think out of the box concept for ur works?
5. Do u like jobs tat just need to sit in front of the computer starin at the screen and just move ur fingers?

This is roughly how a designer life is like.
If u agreed to 3 or more, think this line is just for u, if not u got to reconsider ur career path.

xcellancy said:
after u say dis... i got 2nd tots abt it.... haha :lol:

so u were into the design thing jst for kicks? 8O

what tenbatsu stated is true.
i'm doing freelance graphic design. full time. work IS if not 8 am to 5 am...it drags on till u find urself being sleepless for the past 24 hours.
and when u barely recover from the workload, more starts to come in...i know i can reject em, but how will i know i'm gonna get anymore?

think about it carefully my friend. :wink:

i noe of cases where they jst enrol cos
* they couldn't go anywhere else
* they think Art is just drawing..so easy
* they think being a designer is cool

my first year class in NAFA, after 6 months.. only half of the class remained. Those who left cited diff reasons..but mostly said they couldn't handle the projects or simply..just lost interest.

Back