where to get the best tonebender clone?

kuang89

hi all, i'm a poor guy looking for a cheapo tonebender clone...not fuzz face but solasound tonebender mkii in particular, my cheapo would be the $150-200 range for boutique shelves..any recommendation or maybe modding any pedals would get the tonebender sound?

still new to the "floor board" scene learning the ropes

If you wish to expand your budget, I've heard nothing but good things about Skinpimp Tonebenders, apparently they are one of the best available now.

With that price, BYOC is the only one that fits your bill. MKII clones are very expensive. Don't forget these things rely heavily on how skilled the builder is. I don't claim to be a builder, but its not an easy thing to do - matching transistors and biasing them. It really takes a good set of ears.

Sorry I just have to post this. I bought an MKII from a member on TGP called Lumpy's Tone Shop. Sells REALLY nice MKII clone and many many others (Fuzz Faces, MKI, MKIII, Treble Boosters). I ordered last September. Got lost in the mail, and sent me a replacement. Superb guy to deal with. Its finally arrived at my door.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0306-1.jpg

IMG_0309-1.jpg

A trio of AC125 trannies. I can't wait to try it out.

And, I'm sorry I had to do this but in case you want one, sorry, he JUST issued a statement that he will not be taking orders till further notice. :twisted:

argh...too bad, but i thot byoc is own-build pedals? i have 0 soldering + 0 knowledge on electronics...

hi all, i'm a poor guy looking for a cheapo tonebender clone...not fuzz face but solasound tonebender mkii in particular, my cheapo would be the $150-200 range for boutique shelves..any recommendation or maybe modding any pedals would get the tonebender sound?

still new to the "floor board" scene learning the ropes

I would second the BYOC MKII idea that some has suggested. You can even experiment with the value of the resistors and other components without worrying about losing the market value. There are some people from TGP that actually liked it the most among other MKII clones.

I'm also planning to have one from TYMC when the budget permits hopefully next month.

Back