Where can i do service my bass?

sLapshock

Where can i do service my bass, adjust truss rod, intonation everything and including fix string (bass string buy ownself)

How much is it altogether?
And where?

Malcolm is good at what he does and he's the only guy i trust to do fretwork on my bass. well, besides Guitar Hospital next to Sinamex too.

His bench price is $130 bucks, not cheap but you can be reassured of his quality. I'm bringing my bass down to him very soon to get my frets fixed.

wah wah zero_g ...

you GAS-ing for fretless right that's why? =P ...

next bass get fretless lah ..

i'm thinking of ordering a fretless neck from allparts/warmoth to fit onto my MIM jaz
but i'll need to zhng it to make it more shiok like add in a j retro reamp and badass bridge and nordy pups..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We are located at 50 East Coast Road, #03-17, Roxy Square 2 Shopping Centre. It is right next to Roxy Mercure Hotel along Marine Parade Road and it is alot easier to come through the Marine Parade Road overhead bridge (it links straight to the shopping centre)

Operating hours are 11-8pm, Mon to Sat. Tel: 6345 2053 .

Repairs are carried out on a case by case basis - it isn't always $40.

Thanks.

Regards,

David
Ebenex Music

iversion: haha. thats y la. j retro is alrdy like $500 plus. but nth beats a MIA la. MIMs feel like they have tone sucked out.

now if i only can strike toto...

zero G, you dont really have to 'zhng' your MIM bass to that extent.
use the same neck. remove the frets yourself, buy a thin maple strip wood or rosewood, slice it to fit the fret slots, u will need to use some wood glue and be very careful. once that is done, sand the fretboard smooth, clean with wood oil lightly, then go to the paint shop and buy clear marine all weather lacquer. this is used on wooden boats to protect the exterior wood.
either use a brush or spray on evenly, after evry coat use the finest sand paper to smoothen it and after about 6-8 coats \, the final caot, wet sand paper then buff to shine.
use a good passive bridge pickup (SD antiquities II or DiMarzio ultrajazz) and keep it passive, no on board electronics.

and you saved yourself a bundle of cash to spend on other basses.

rottenramone: got ur PM thanx!

aquanut: actually i'd rather get a custom made fretless. the mexican neck aint as solid as an MIA one. MIAs sound a lot fuller than MIMs.

hopefully the deal with somebody to swap out for a fretless neck works out fine first. wanna try playing with a fretless for a while.

thanx for the tip though!

Back