what's a saddle??

its the piece of thing the strings rest on on ur bridge... bridge is the part of the large piece (its the darker piece of wood for acoustic and the metal bloack for electric gutiar) on the guitar's body...

saddles are usually white/bone colour for acoustic/classicals and metal pieces for electric guitars

acoustic:
guitarbridge-194x158.jpg

electric (black contraptions you see in pic):
guitartechgraphtech_s.jpg

just wanna confirm, in stringing the guitar displayed in the 2nd pic right, the saddle wont be like free floating right? cause i heard many stores bout like what saddle going hay wire all that , that is not the floyd rose thing right?

actually if u dun tighten ur trem properly it will float when u tune ur strings for vintage trems.... yeah... but for a beginner dun buy a floyd rose u would probably kill urself.....LOL

saddles don't float, the bridge does.

the term 'float' does not refer to the bridge type exclusively, it is really a set-up terminology. even the unidirectional Fender-type bridge can be made to float.

im a total beginner..but heh..my V has a floyd (blocked it oredi) and my ibanez has a Edge III..

quite fun to restring mah..the only nagging feeling i get at the back of my head is, "am i doin it right??"

too bad none of my frens use floyd equipped trems. :lol:

Back