What is your Favorite Riff?

Yeah, too many. But here are some riffs I particularly like.

Sleep - Dragonaut
Jane's Addiction - Just Because
Fear Factory - Final exit
Fear Factory - Ressurrection
Immolation - Harnessing ruin
Immolation - World agony
Elliot Smith - Waltz #2 (XO)
Faith no More - Ashes to ashes
Dozer - Omega glory
Alice in Chains - Them bones

Some of the riffs I've listed aren't particularly famous. I think Dozer is a band not many people here have heard about, but then and again 'Omega glory' is the only song by Dozer that I like. :twisted:

raining blood's opening riff~

Ah-hah. The almighty Slayer. Another band I'd name as 'king of riffs'. Nothing fancy about the soloing but timeless, never-outdated heavy riffs. The entrance riff for 'Eyes of the insane', 'Bloodline'...

And something a bit similar, Sodom's 'M16', slow but heavy and dark thrash metal. Awesome riffs too.

hmmm i have a few.

john mayer - neon (intro)
guns and roses - sweet child of mine (intro...classic riff this one)
lamb of god - laid to rest (the way they crunch the bass strings just clicks with me)

No mention of Tony Iommi? The master of metal riffs..

Into The Void, Children Of The Grave, Symptom Of The Universe, Supernaut etc etc....:)

only a couple of mentions of led zep riffs eh.

the riffs on black dog, the ocean, no quarter are awesome..

I can't believe no one mentioned any Van Halen riffs. I mean every single riff in the first Van Halen album is already epic..

Later riffs like Unchained, Mean streets, Beautiful Girls, Panama are all incredible incredible riffs. I think EVH's a better riff write than Jimmy Page even.

dont forget hot for teacher from 1984. thats my favourite riff from van halen..for now at least.

yeah too many to name, cant believe i forgot vh.

i agree, the david lee roth period was still the best era of van halen..sammy hagar sounds better on chickenfoot haha :p hes still a great vocalist tho.

no particular favourite but some on my list (memorable & inspiring on days when i have to watch fingernails grow):

Mayhem: Freezing Moon
Satyricon: Mother North
Emperor: Curse You All Men
Sodom: Bombenhagel
Deicide: Dead but Dreaming
The Knack: My Sharona
Level 42: Running in the Family
AHA- Take on Me
Duran Duran: A View to a Kill
Spandau Ballet: True
Depeche Mode: Strange Love
Frank Gambale: The Italian Job

too many to list actually, favouring some & discarding the rest is painful...
star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Back