What is this Muse Research ???

joel68

8O Can any one explain me what is this Muse Research hardware VST module ? How does this work ? How good is this? Efficient ? Any dealer in Singapore ?

Thanks in advance.... :D

I suppose you are referring to the muse receptor? Although I have no first hand experience, the receptor is a linux based "computer" that was made to run VSTs as first priority without using resources for housekeeping.

How it works is that it uses the windows VST dlls. So if your plugin works in windows it will most likely work on the receptor, using their installation program.

its a hardware engine processor that stores your VST plug ins, enabling you to perform it life.

Also it has a built in processor and rams which allows you more freedom and more power to perform samples librarys such as those of EAST WEST live. it also free your computer speeds in the studio as it focus just to giving power to the plug ins.

There may be registration issues with some VSTi. Most of East West VSTi should have no problems. Those that rely on dongles should have no problems. But some VSTi rely on challenge-response for copy-protection. This may mean continually attaching a keyboard to the Receptor all the time depending on the nature of C-R.

Also, as with all hardware/software combinations, some VST may work while others may not be as compatible. I believe the Receptor has a list of "tried and work" VST.

There are some who prefers stacks of rack-mounted PCs to stacks to Receptors. Looks the same but cheaper.

Back