what is FX Loop?

popeye

Can anyone on FX loop?
I've been searching on google, but can't really see which is which on the amp.

Based in what I read, the amp should have SEND and RECEIVE part.
Which part of the amp is this? or any sample of amp that has this send and receive thing?

Thanks

I dun have a pic at the momemnt but basically for u to connect ur FX to it in a loop instead of goin through ur guitar -> amp signal chain

normally without a fx loop it would be
Axe--> Fx---> Amp

With a Fx loop its
Axe --> Amp (Input) -->Amp(Fx sent) --> FX ---> (FX recieve)amp

if you utilize the FX loop, your guitar signals are processed only when they reach the amp. after years of playing, i prefer this connection type (sometimes refered to as parallel connection) as it lets the guitar signal reach the amp unadulterated, hence propelling the true tone of your guitar.

it basically makes ur amp jus act like a speaker for the effects. cause all amps have a characteristc sound, so u put thru the fx loop so as not to use the characteristc sound. p.s: not all amps have fx loop

subversion said:
if you utilize the FX loop, your guitar signals are processed only when they reach the amp. after years of playing, i prefer this connection type (sometimes refered to as parallel connection) as it lets the guitar signal reach the amp unadulterated, hence propelling the true tone of your guitar.

Actually fx loops are more commonly found in serial connections although some amps offer both.

redname said:
it basically makes ur amp jus act like a speaker for the effects. cause all amps have a characteristc sound, so u put thru the fx loop so as not to use the characteristc sound. p.s: not all amps have fx loop

Actually the reason you have an fx loop is that your fx can process the preamp generated tone of the amp u plug into as opposed to just affecting the tone from you guitar. This is desirable because if u put an fx like delay b4 the amp than the amp will also affect the tone of the echoes and may not sound as nice as when the delay is echoing the tone from the amp, this is especially true if your amp is a high gain monster.

Mew said:
With a Fx loop its

I knew about this already from all the reading.
But in the actual amp, which one is the FX SENT and FX RECEIVE?

popeye said:
Mew said:
With a Fx loop its

it should be stated as FX sent and FX recieve or sometimes just stated as Send and Recieve, located at the back of the amp usually. what amp are u using ?

Mew said:
popeye said:
Mew said:
With a Fx loop its

it should be stated as FX sent and FX recieve or sometimes just stated as Send and Recieve, located at the back of the amp usually. what amp are u using ?

ah maybe my amp don't have. Mine's is an AVT.

I read at Peavey.com that Peavey Transtube 112 also have this effect loop, but I couldn't find any picture of it.

e1_1_b.JPG

the 2 jacks nearest to the camera is a FX loop

Back