wes borland

hofner

How well can he actually play? I never heard any of his LB stuff...and whats with his eye balls? contacts?

Yeah he wear black contacts....that gives him the freakish alien look....I got LB's significant other recording....wasn't too impressed with the guitar..its jus all drop tuned powerchords nu-metal type of style...but i like their drummer...He is touted as a genius by alot of critics...but i am yet to be bought over...

wes borland is actually the first guitarist i am ever exposed to when i was young. i got LB's 2 cds, just another guitarist i must say but the way he present himself is.. OOohhh Laalaa.. hand-sewn suits. alienated eyes.

as for the drummer, kind of like mike portney. surrounded by cymbals and drums. but definitely not as hiong as mike portney. sam is definitely one of the better drummer i've seen. did i get his name right? i kind of forgot his name

wes borland is definitely not the mainstream kind of guitar player. He's more of a showman, but he's got a lot of talent in the things that he does.

One thing is, his riffs are the basis of what fred durst really raps about. There was this period of time when he left, and the Limp Bizkit outfit really sounded 'radio'...that is on the 'results may vary' album. Apart from the eat me alive track, the rest really sounded very hip-hop, and didn't really rock.

I believe that Borland's style of play is pretty much very inhibited by Fred Durst's style of music, but none the less. His detuned riffs are not only unique, they also appeal to a wide range of fans, from the punk to the hip hop genre.

I like his contacts...=)

as for the drummer, kind of like mike portney. surrounded by cymbals and drums. but definitely not as hiong as mike portney. sam is definitely one of the better drummer i've seen. did i get his name right? i kind of forgot his name

Think the drummer name is John Otto and the bass player is Sam Rivers...

how do you find such contacts?? think abt the agony of putting one of those in ur eye..no douvbt its col..i'might get one if i can find any..

the only thing that draws me to Borland is his Ibanez AX-7string...
ax7_m.jpg

I think he also has a 4 string guitar that is tuned incredibly low to get that low tuned sound... I think the tuning is like this: F#, F#(+1 Octave), B, E.....

gordonzz said:
Yeah i heard hes good.. but changed guitarist liao in LB

they did change guitarist from wes borland to mike smith.. but after the new album came out.. doesn't sound appealing and mike smith gave fred hell of a problem. so he was kicked out.. in the end.. fred went back to find wes borland again. wes borland, kind of stranded when his pursuing of his own career with his brother scott borland to form a new band failed. so eventually, borland went back to LB.

Mobius said:
I think he also has a 4 string guitar that is tuned incredibly low to get that low tuned sound... I think the tuning is like this: F#, F#(+1 Octave), B, E.....

he did a low tuned 4 string guitar and he used it to play the song 'nookie' on the album 'significant others'

about the contacts.. the only source i found when i was still their fan was that the contacts are made from this contact lens company called 'babylon' but i searched the net for info.. NONE...

wes borland is cool, espescially when he takes 4 hours before a concert to paint his body while every1 else is doing soundchecks and setting up stage equipment

wes borland has left LB a few times, and if i remember right, one of his reasons for quitting was that LB's music wasn't really pushing his abilities with the guitar; it was way too simple.

i think having to work with simplicity probably inspired him to come up with some really innovative effected sounds though. i think he uses his effects really well, and i remember reading in an interview that he only uses a max of 3 effects at any 1 time because he doesn't want to tap-dance around the stage when they play live. if that's really the case, he's able to get some really sweet sounds with minimal tweaking and pedal useage, which is pretty impressive.

Westie

The guy who sparked off my interest in playing Nu-Metal.. nice riffs repetitions w kewl efx!!

Too bad he left LB.. Wonder where is he heading towards now?

u mean mike smith?
ahakz,he left the band last year and borland came jamming with the band new album The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1)

it was reported on their website www.thearmpit.net

wes borland probably tops my list as one of the most underrated guitarists along with larry lalonde of primus.

borland has a DEGREE in guitar playing~~ small wonder why LB's stuff bores the crap out of him.

and he mostly tunes his seven string to drop C# with the high D# doubled (C# G# C# F# A# D# D#) which helps give him a unique sound~~~

He is INGENIOUS!!!

someone shld REALLY shld the fat dude with the red cap~ :evil:

Back