Usage of local original production for schools/organizations etc..

parablue74

My friend (a musician) have been consulting me on some issues she has been having with some other studio, which a school had wanted a CD done at a tight budget.. children's music..original ones..
At a tight timeline, she ends up having issues with the recording engineer.. and very stressed..
Then, it gave me the idea what's wrong with local music market..
There are many local composers/producers/artiste who have original songs already done, put up in music production libraries (and I feel a local music production library should be set up).. why are music production libraries existent is that if schools/organizations/associations wants to have a CD out.. they can use these music/songs and just pay royalties..
Rather then go into a tight budget and try to figure out under a tight timeline.. and in result, showing such lousy work that creates a negative public perspective about local original talent..
School>Local Production Library so Local producers/composers/artiste can continue created tracks and go to recording studios for mixing/mastering..
Less stress.. easier solution.. and more professional image coming out from local market..
So, what's wrong here?
Any comments?

Well... It is not something very wrong. School are known wanna pay peanut and want fast and high quality. It is your friend side have to check whether she can take it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
At tight deadline and tight budget, $150/song.. of cos she and her team is stressed.. who won't be..
Why not they just used 'already done' songs from local composers/producers/artiste.. pay royalties.. isn't that an easier solution? And it will be high quality since already completed.. as well, royalties won't be as high as $150/song..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back