Usage of Local Original Music on Local TV

parablue74

I've been watching some old TV comedies on youtube.. yes.. been watching Sabrina the teenage witch.. at my free time..
ok.. this is what I noticed.. which then gave me an idea what's wrong with our local music market..
As Sabrina comedy is Canadian based.. I realized there were numerous episodes where they feature some party going on, and some band performing as cameo appearance.. I did a research, and realized many of these bands are Canadian bands..
Then, I ask the question.. why do local Mediacorp shows never ever used local bands and give them some scenes in local comedies or drama? Instead, every song/or almost all... are some popular famous song and they pay high royalties for it..

Using local artiste/bands in their TV series will definitely bring in national pride, more interest for local young trend to watch local TV and form our local music community.. and in that way, our local music can reach our layman audience so that Singaporeans will be exposed to local original music..

Whatever is happening at this moment cuts local band/artiste away from what they deserve.. very disrupting to the proper flow of local music market...

What's your ideas on these?

Back