Upcoming Drum Clinics/Concerts :: Oct '08

plainsman

Hi fellow bros & sistas,

Just a quick heads up - which softies are heading down to the following? :mrgreen:

6 Oct - Hiroshi Motofuji & Motofuji Taiko Unit in Singapore
Raffles Hotel Jubilee Hall, 8pm

http://textfiend.net/zerohero/?p=793

16 Oct - Experience Marco Minneman in Clinic
Raffles Hotel Jubilee Hall, 7.30pm

http://www.yamaha.com.sg/1135.html

17 Oct - Mike Mangini Drum Clinic Tour
Scarlett City, 7.30pm

http://www.sweelee.com.sg/Events_upcoming.htm

if you had to ask, yessss i am going for ALL 3 !!!!! hahah

lets organise group outing and go go go

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in! I'm going for Marco Minneman and Mike Mangini FOR SURE!

Can't attend Oct 6. Superband finals. I need to stay home and support my favorite Tuzi!!!

haha, like all threads which deviates from its original purpose!!

anyways, who'se gg for the minnemans one?? im gg...

lets make a list and meetup somewhere before we go or can makan first before that or smth.. :)

i start the ball rolling.

marco minnemanns clinic:

1) marcdadrummer
2) continue on from here... :)

I'm so sad that I will have to miss Minneman and Mangini. Next week is a very tight week at work for me :(

Hi everyone, I'm new here but wish to know you all. =)

Marco is one of the best inter-dependent drummers, and Mike Mangini performs for so many top projects so I definitely want to attend both!

I'll bring 4 musician friends to attend the Marco's clinic but come to Friday night in AMK Hub, I'll be alone. T_T Wish to know you guys -- Call me Ryu Lee: 96503645. May I know Killerbee, mel80, alvinthedrummer, terencei, Nike and snowflier? Will really appreciate it.:cool:

I'm more to Gothic Metal, Jrock Metal & Progressive Metal but still interested in fusion, jazz, funk.

Hey Ryu_Lee, I unfortunately will not be able to attend all the clinics happening this week due to work committments *sigh*

But no worries, will get to meet you at the future drum exchanges we organise. Do come ok? :)

Yo Ryu!

No worries! Just come and hang out!

Once you find plainsman, the rest of us will be in sight too. See you on Thursday and Friday! Woot!

Too bad, i need to rush back to jb, no chance to talk to you all.

And then, i wanted to go Mike's clinic, but i have a band rehearsal for the grand opening ceremony of my church.

Nice to meet you, plainsman, killerbee, and another lady whom i can't remember her nickname but we got shake hand.

OMG.

Someone please help me.

1) What is the girl band that Mike Mangini formed with his niece.

2) And the track that he played!

Now I regret not asking him cos I can't google anything about it at all.

Thank you, plainsman! I have never watched you play but I believe you're a pro drummer at all styles after talking to you. It's good to see Liang, Sherman, killerbee, snowflier, Christoper, Qaiyum, DJ and many local drummers. =)

It felt disappointed for not getting the lucky draw but I'm still quite happy for those lucky drum fans, congratulations Snowflier! Make full use of the Eliminator pedals. ;-)

Will the videos of both drum clinics be made into DVD and be on sale? My guitarist wants to watch Marco playing. Thank mel80 for welcoming me, you still can watch the video recorded once its DVD is out. I will do my best to attend the future drum exchanges you organize!

Come to the details of the piece performed by Mike Mangini, sorry killerbee, I found no clue. T_T not even drummerworld.com.

Does anyone has a conclusion or comparison between Marco Minnemann and Mike Mangini?
I can only say both have their strengths but personally I think the drum clinic of Marco is better in terms of techniques, ideas, melody, style, pieces played and hand movement. Marco has added the elements of Terry Bozzio -- question & answer between cymbals, toms, snare and pedals. His performance along with the movie paragraph must have made you LoL right?:-D

The last 2 pieces performed by Marco were awesome! I wish to have the mp3. :O

Talk about Mike Mangini, he's really fast although he's much younger than Marco hence less elements. But his achievement on the speed, co-ordination and theory has been one of the best among all the same-age drummers.

Back