Tuning a Floyd Rose guitar.

Synester

Hey guys.

I'm getting my first Floyd Rose guitar probably at the end of this week,and i've heard a lot of people say that tuning a Floyd Rose guitar is very strenous.I'm a noob about this,as explained above,so can anyone help me shed some light on this?Like how is it difficult?Thanks!

i only can tell you to either go google it or go youtube and type in how to tune a floyd rose guitar cause i have no guitars with a floyd rose on it LOL. but it should be quite troublesome but nvm, do it with your heart and soul and you will finish in no time! ( yeah right. pfft)

It's easy to tune, I swear by floyds. Just gotta make sure you overtighten or undertighten to compensate for the other strings being tuned as well, it's an intuitive thing.

How to restring when you want to clean your fretboard?. Still take the string off one at a time?.

How to restring when you want to clean your fretboard?. Still take the string off one at a time?.

heh cleaning fretboard i do it with the strings on, the other option is to take off all the strings and springs, the string it back together, putting in 2 strings when you put in 1 spring (in the case of 3 springs)

heh cleaning fretboard i do it with the strings on, the other option is to take off all the strings and springs, the string it back together, putting in 2 strings when you put in 1 spring (in the case of 3 springs)

Dude - try this:

Put trem arm on trem.

Flip guitar over. Sit guitar on lap, pushing the trem INTO the body using the trem arm.

Remove all springs.

Carefully lift guitar with hand holding trem in.

Remove trem. (strings still on)

Clean fretboard. Add inlays. Refret a couple of frets. Add binding.

Hook trem back on posts, flip guitar over, hold trem in, sit guitar on lap, use leg & trem arm to push trem in.

Replace springs.

You're probably still in tune.

Back