Trade-In or Sell us your Used Gear!!

ebenex

Hi guys,

Thinking of upgrading or letting go of your current guitar, amp or effect pedal?

We're open to all sorts of trades with our current inventory or can source for your dream gear and work out a trade-in for you.

We are also offering cash buy-ins for those of you who wish to settle for a quick cash sale.

Doesn't really matter what sort of gear you have. We're taking all sorts of gear from Samick guitars to Fender, Gibson guitars, Vantage amps to Divided by 13.

However, due to the need to appraise your gear and work out a deal face to face, we are not able offer quotes over the phone so please bring your gear down.

See you guys soon!

Thanks.

Regards,

David

P.S. We are looking for MIJ gear, esp Fender Japan and vintage BOSS pedals.

i quote from your last post "definitely still buying in used guitars"

what bullshit ?I went there on Thursday 10/09/09 and I went to sell my MIK samick guitar there and you refused to buy it in and insisted on a trade in .

I traded it for the so called "brand new" squier california strat and it was not brand new .

The bridge was screwed up and the tromolo block had a hole in it .

I couldn't believe my eyes .. A hole in the tremolo block and it wasnt the slot for the whammy bar .

I am indeed shocked at the way the chop is being run .

I wished David is there all the time and I would receive impartial treatment .

Dude, chill man. Just because they say "definitely still buying in used guitars" doesn't mean they will/have to buy in EVERY guitar. If that were the case, anyone could sell a broken guitar to them. It doesn't make monetary sense to buy something you don't think you can sell. Would you buy my broken Samick if you didn't think you could do anything with it? I doubt it. They're not obliged to buy your guitar just because you wanna sell it. After all, they're a music instrument shop, not your garang guni man. Check your expectations.

Dude ..I get what you mean but what about the scamming of the squier quitar and they should affix "terms and conditions apply" which they didnt above,

^
How was the bridge screwed? And are you certain that the guitar didnt just come like that, and the hole is a factory fault?

And have you thought of bringing it back to Blackwood, to work it out?

no bad encounters with them so far, but, really, regrading your squire, have you actually call them up and clarify or bring it down before your post on here? do make a call, pretty sure they can work something out for you :)

Last edited:
we understand that transactions could sometimes end up being disfavourable to parties. however, if you wish to highlight certain occurrences, yes, SOFT is a platform to do so but be mindful of what you put forth here; certainly, you wouldn't want it to be used against you in time to come.

also, the bitter incidences are mostly personal, you'd do better to get back to the parties concern as oppossed to laying out grievances here.

this is a general reminder, of course :cool:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We do buy in most guitars but sometimes, certain guitars may be harder to sell than others and a cash offer for those may be very low i.e. a cash offer for a beat up J&D strat maybe something like $30-40.

This reflects market demand i.e. if you bring in a Fender USA Strat, we'd be able to offer a better price percentage wise, as its easier to sell.

In this instance, I think the guys felt that offering a cash price would have been too low and suggested that you do a trade-in as with trade-ins, you'd get better 'value' in terms of the gear you're getting as opposed to cash.

An example would be $150 cash for a similar guitar, as opposed to $249 trade in value for a Squier strat.

As for the Squier strat not being new, I would have to defend ourselves by saying that ALL gear stated as new are new and everything stated as used is used. This is an integrity issue and I will NEVER allow for such things to happen. A few customers have previously asked me to sell their near-mint guitars as new. This is somethng I will NEVER do.

To reiterate, the Squier strat you bought is definitely new and the faults you found on it are all factory defects. We get this from a local supplier who ships them in from China and distributes locally.

Anyway, I'd like to take the chance to offer my sincere apologies for any ill feelings caused. We value your business and you are welcomed to take the guitar back to Blackwood and we'll throw in a free set-up or you can exchange it for another Squier we have there, get a store credit or take your guitar back.

You can always email me at david@blackwood.com.sg if you have any issues or concerns in the future.

Would appreciate your kind understanding in this matter.

Thanks.

Regards,

David

gud customer service ....

Keep it up!

Btw had bought several pedals from them, latest being Metal Muff with top boost, tested the mentioned pedal to my heart content and they are patience enough to let me try other pedals and guitars too.

Cool

Keep rockin ....

Cheers

Hi guys,

Thinking of upgrading or letting go of your current guitar, amp or effect pedal?

We're open to all sorts of trades with our current inventory or can source for your dream gear and work out a trade-in for you.

We are also offering cash buy-ins for those of you who wish to settle for a quick cash sale.

Doesn't really matter what sort of gear you have. We're taking all sorts of gear from Samick guitars to Fender, Gibson guitars, Vantage amps to Divided by 13.

However, due to the need to appraise your gear and work out a deal face to face, we are not able offer quotes over the phone so please bring your gear down.

See you guys soon!

Thanks.

Regards,

David

P.S. We are looking for MIJ gear, esp Fender Japan and vintage BOSS pedals.

hi there,

can i enquire if you guys are still up for a cash-buy in or trade in?

i have a ibanez gio on hand.

hope to hear from ya.

cheers

Do you guys accept have sanded guitar? because i halfway gave up on my guitar project. and the guitar have been sanded down halfway. do you guys accept those kind of guitars?

Back