TONE!

rimuel

Hi guys,i've been wondering...after all the stuff on tones etc.
lets compare AGATHIS and MAHOGHANy.
people say that MAhogany is a better wood.but has anyone ever thought that MAhogany is not better and AGathis does not have such a good tone,but that they are DIFFERENT.just like a modded ds-1 and a non-modded.
thanks for reading :D

i still dont understand when u say tone is in the fingers. how? fat fingers, thin fingers, man fingers, woman fingers, how do they give different tone?

First of all Rimmuel, there is a shitload of difference between a modded DS-1 and an unmodded one.

Secondly, what's your point...?

Hmm like adding a vibrato when u feel like it... the vibrato makes ur guitar "speak" if you know how to do it well...

It depends in my opinion. Would you build a electric circuit using wires as a conductor, or would you use water as a conductor? Both conduct, but which one would be more practical?

Likewise, there there different tones for different applications, and there are materials that are much less preferred for musical preferences.

tany said:
i still dont understand when u say tone is in the fingers. how? fat fingers, thin fingers, man fingers, woman fingers, how do they give different tone?

rosewood fingers...

jeremyrozario said:
...tone? its not in the wood, its in the fingers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrong!

Tone depends on how deep your pocket is.
The deeper it is, it will help you think that your tone is better, although it is not :lol:

Don't believe me? just record some chops with non sloppy playing on boss blues driver and let's say boss DD3. Post here, and change the description saying you are using Eternity pedal and Echozar. People will reply "Awesome tone dude!", "OMG!! heavenly tone!!!"

Try putting the actual description (e.g. boss BD2 into DD3), you only see "Nice playing" or "mod your pedal to enhance this, enhance that" :lol:

Back