tone/technique prob?

kuang89

i own a 03 epi les paul all stock, but when i'm playing certain songs like sweet child, i get this funny sound during the intro part...when i hold a note n play the next note on another string tat's where the funny sound comes in...

is there anyway to prevent it? i try to not hold notes, but i dun think tat's how it's done as the song loses feeling...help me out

umm try to mute it with the side of your palm on the Tune o matic bridge :p
every guitarist do the same thing ;)

i dont think you are suppose to hold a note then play another on another string. let go before moving on to next note, unless the song requires u too, which i don think sweet child does.

post a vid if you can, im just assuming ur problem here.

what kind of sound is it?

is it a dead note caused by uneven frets on higher Frets, cause epiphones suck like that.

or if its just a technique problem then like the_unknown said, you should not play these notes together which the previous one is pressed, theres a reason why its written that way on the guitar Tab.

Sweet Child of mine sucks. play some other shyt

Listen to the guys ^^^. Watch videos of how the intro its played. You gotta play each note singularly, thats how the notes sound clean and apart from each other. Its not like your holding a chord and playing the notes in the chord to sound all jangly, its a single note motiff run which makes the intro strong and strident sounding.

I remember early days on a Samick spending hours upon hours trying to master that intro. My friend could do it so well I wanted to be as good as him. Good times. But won't want to go back to those days, don't want to be a beginner forever!

Back