"To Texas And Back: A Benefit Show for I Am David Sparkle"

ayekaye

ToTexasAndBack_hires-1.jpg
"To Texas And Back: A Benefit Show for I Am David Sparkle"
Presented by I Am David Sparkle and KittyWu Records

Time and Place
Start Time: Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 2:00pm
End Time: Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 3:00am
Street: 20 Upper Circular Rd #B1-01/06 The Riverwalk S(058416)
City/Town: Singapore, Singapore

Contact Info
Email: iamdavidsparkle@gmail.com & kittywurecords@gmail.com

This is it.

The party to kick off 2009, with music and mayhem throughout from 2pm on Sat 31st Jan to 3am Sun 1 Feb. That's 13 hours of wham, bang, slam.

So what's happening?

10 bands playing:
-The Great Spy Experiment
-A Band Named Power
-Plain Sunset
-AUM
-Amateur Takes Control
-41 (from KL)
-Muon
-Indus Gendi
-Amberhaze
-I Am David Sparkle.

Dj sets by:
-Sweetmusic.fm
-Unpopular Radio
-4 Imaginary Boys
-Kid Villain.

There will also be a flea market run during the whole event, by the fun folks of Flea.Fly.Flo.Fun.

$18.00 entry at the door to attend the music segment, and drinks are happy hour prices the whole night till 11.30pm!!!

Entry charge is for you to experience the music segment only, the flea market segment does not have any entry charges as this will be held outside the venue. Charges for flea market stall rental will still apply though.

And why are we doing this?

The good news is: I Am David Sparkle has been selected to play a showcase performance at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival in Austin, Texas (USA!) beginning from 18 March onwards.

As far as the band knows, it will be only the 3rd Singaporean act to have been selected for this, with Electrico and The Great Spy Experiment having played there in 2007.

The bad news is: the costs for the band entourage (7 persons in total) to travel up to the US and play the SXSW showcase as well as its planned tour dates are ENORMOUS – we are looking in the region of more than S$30,000 (Ouch!) Besides pooling whatever money we can, and applying for grants, we still need an injection of funds to help us pay for costs for this, and this is why we have decided to hold this fundraiser party.

All the bands and the DJs have kindly agreed to support our cause and perform here without any performance charges, just so that we can raise funds to travel. And so, to all the performers listed here, we cannot thank you enough!

So this is our appeal to you – If you are a fan of I Am David Sparkle, or of KittyWu Records, or of any of the performers listed here, or even just want to support a Singaporean band that is going to travel to SXSW and have a great party in the process, please come to this event!

We need your support to raise additional funds, and with your help, this Singaporean band is gonna hit Stateside and show them that “Hey – we’ve got music that rocks, you know?”

PLEASE COME AND SUPPORT!

Love,
I Am David Sparkle

"To Texas And Back: A Benefit Show for I Am David Sparkle" is presented to you by I Am David Sparkle and KittyWu Records, with support from venue partner Home Club and flea market partner Flea.Fly.Flo.Fun.

More details will be updated on the wall as we move towards 31st Jan!

Last edited:
The Live 'n' Loaded team supports I Am David Sparkle fully!!!!!!! Go Sparkle!!!!

We can't wait for your mind blowing performance on Live 'n' Loaded, and watch out for our coverage of this 31 Jan event @ Home Club, to be featured on the episode that IADS is performing!! Yeaaahh!!!

Support Local!!
Live 'n' Loaded team

hey syam41,

you can get the tickets at the door for $18/ on the day itself. thanks so much for the support!

Update on Performance Timings

FLEA MARKET STARTS FROM 2.00PM ONWARDS (OUTSIDE HOME CLUB)

Band 1: 3.00 - 3.30pm (30mins) : A Band Named Power
Band 2: 3.45 - 4.15pm (30mins) : Indus Gendi
Band 3: 4.30 - 5.00pm (30mins) : Amberhaze
Band 4: 5.15 - 5.45pm (30mins) : AUM
Band 5: 6.00 - 6.30pm (30mins) : Plainsunset
All changeovers above are 15mins each.

6.30 - 7.30pm INTERMISSION, Music by Unpopular Radio & Sweetmusic.fm

Band 6: 7.30 - 8.00pm (30mins) : Amateur Takes Control
Band 7: 8.15 - 8.45pm (30mins) : The Great Spy Experiment
Band 8: 9.00 - 9.35pm (35mins) : Muon
Band 9: 9.50 - 10.30pm (40mins) : 41 (from Kuala Lumpur)
Band 10: 10.45 - 11.25pm (40mins) : I Am David Sparkle
All changeovers above are 15mins each.

DJ SETS FROM 11.30PM ONWARDS:

11.30pm - 12.30am : Unpopular Radio & Sweetmusic.fm
12.30am - 2.00am : 4 Imaginary Boys
2.00am - 3.00am : Kid Villain (Razi)

THANKS!

Back