Title track For Marty Friedman's new album released!

templar03

Release date in Japan- Augest 25 2010

I don't know what to think of this.

The melodies and all are still good but sounds too similar to the stuff on Loudspeaker. One part of this song sounds a little like Paradise Express.

He's using a Fernandes in this video i think.

EDIT: ITS ALL GOOD, PEOPLE. SKIP TO 1.53 FOR SICK SOUNDING SOLO.

Last edited:
More coverage:

new album "BAD D.N.A" news!
[23 July 2010]

Marty`s 10th solo album, "BAD D.N.A." is completed and its release date is 8/25 on Avex in Japan.

Without going into much detail, (we at the site have only heard short previews of half of the songs at this time) it is safe to say that the album will be a natural progression picking up where Loudspeaker and Tokyo Jukebox left off and adding its own twists and turns.

The first Japanese pressing will include the first music video for the title track, "BAD D.N.A." directed by Visual Trap, who have directed all of the videos of Dir En Grey.

Stay tuned to this page for international release news.

Get a sneak peek at the album at www.martyfan.com/disco/index.php?no=0

The album was produced by Marty and engineered by Steve Hardy and Shinnosuke Miyazawa (Lady Gaga, Guns `n Roses) this April/May at The Village in LA. Much more info about the album, exclusive interviews, studio photos and more to come at this page as well as our Japanese counterpart, www.martyfan.com

I like how the production (is that what you call it?) sounds here... less cocked-wah-uber-compressed lead tones and from a youtube to boot!

I like this. Looks like another album to grab.

very restrained and very easily acceptable but too restrained perhaps. thinking of marty still makes me think of megadeth, and this cant compare with megadeth's playing. guess its apples and oranges and i prefer one and not the other =/

I still prefer Scenes compared to all the other stuff he released. I guess maybe it was kinda of a "concept" album, the melodies were a lot more memorable and catchy. Loudspeaker wasn't too bad too, Devil Take Tomorrow is one of my favorite Marty Friedman songs.

Back