Thinking of getting Epiphone DR-200CE for my next guitar

Kinokunya

Hi people,

I just started guitaring 3 month ago, so I'm still very new to these.

As I will be getting my next electric-acoustic guitar after this CNY, budget is around $400. Any brands/models & shops to recommend? Initially I wanted Made-In-Japan so I went to the Ibanez website, but I think they have a lot of glossy finishes for their E-A guitars. Am I correct to say that solid wood guitar are better.

Anyway I was surfing around Swee Lee's online shop when I came across Epiphone's DR-200CE. I've read some reviews off the Net, overall it was quite well received by consumers. I actually liked the AJ-200SCE's design, but I'm not sure which shop sells that. I only know Swee Lee. I know this is very sad. Feel free to suggest other shops, thank you.

DR-200CE
AJ-200SCE

And to clarify, all SG Epiphones are MIC? I read that from one of the threads in SOFT forum too. Do they mean the SG series or literally Epiphones sold in Singapore?

While we're at it, please suggest budget amps too haha. Budget may be around $100 - 150 :( I'm a poor guy.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solid wood is supposedly better because it improves over time, but take note you'll have to take care of it better because solid woods are more susceptible to humidity than laminate woods (they get moist more easily, and thus get weaker and warp). With solid-wood guitars, its a good idea to keep them in the bag or case whenever you're not playing.

And $400 range Ibanezs are made in China. You might want to try the Cort acoustics at Swee Lee too. Try the Cort Earth 70e? Might be a little bit over your budget but it sounds great unplugged and plugged in, and has a solid spruce top.

Try Custom Acoustic. they are availble at City Music. from 100 plus onwards. I have one electric acoustic and it sounds great

Back