Things you should do before buying 2nd hand item in the classified

Sharing my thoughts,
i saw some ridiculous overpriced 2nd hand item, which price is almost similar to first hand item,
Just to let you know, for some basses that i saw during my "touring"

Average price of mexican basses,Pbass, & Jazz bass (yes they are Fender) around 800 bucks,
American standard pbass is listed at around 1700
I didnt see any deluxe american fender but the pricing right now is very very good, comparable to American dollar pricing.

I am quoted 2150 for a musicman stingray i wont tell you who quote me this but the seller give exceptional service.

Before you buy any item please check with the Authorised Distributor for the New Item price.
If you think saving $50 from buying a 2nd hand bass is great, by all means go and do it. Just an opinion to share though.

Basically research must be done.

1.On market price and retail price (not the MSRP, not an outlier 2nd hand price you saw once and believe ALL identical products will go for the same amount).
2.On the said item itself (you should know what it is you're in for rather than depending on the seller to provide you with information, unless you're unsure if it could work for your stuff).
3.Some light knowledge on the seller (if he/she is known to be a bad dealer, then stay clear).

just sharing coz some basses at the classified is priced a bit too much for us to buy at 2nd hand pricing and i dont want to shoot anybody there haha, its like $50-100 dollar difference with the street price

agree with you guys...not just basses..even other section as well.....the price differences just does not justify for me to buy....but there are of course reasonable sellers that i don't even bother to bargain...

many are selling but not willing to lose money...thats the problem...they hope to get back 90 % back...

many are selling but not willing to lose money...thats the problem...they hope to get back 90 % back...

And what is wrong with this? You are thinking in the prospective of a buyer who WANTS the best deals available. Others are thinking in the perspective of a seller who wants to lose as little as possible. In their eyes, they have an identical product in 100% working condition and price according to the cosmetic condition. People who want to purchase the item would likely prefer to save the cash in purchasing THEIR second hand product.

nothing wrong...haha....

its just my personal opinion.....

like u said, the condition is good....thats pretty ok...however sometimes you can see rather "used" item sellin at high price...

anyway i just ignore...hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is there are alot of ignorance buyer who dont do any research before buying 2nd hand item that cause them to lose out, i was one of them, i didnt do any research but now, i become more savy when buying an item whether its used or new for example, you can get a pedal at prymaxe+shipping to be lesser by 10% and delievered to you by a week, why buy from local shop if you can get it cheaper at other places.

well. you guys should check out www.talkbass.com's classified. Even including the shipping, the items are still cheaper than those going on soft.com .

Only problem is you cant try the items out. But even if you dont like it, you can sell it quite easily here since everyone quotes their price so high

Back