the rain song by led zeppelin

kuang89

anyone here plays tis song? i play according to tabs by ultimate-guitar.com great song, but tuning can be an ass. anyone here knows tis song at the back of their head?

actually kinda easy if played in the Gsus4 tuning which is the original...

try to play your own with standard tuning, can be a challenge....

Rain Song

JP uses standard tuning in the 'live' versions versus the D-G-C-G-C-D (low to high) tuning of the studio. You might find that easier then the studio version. Just a thought. DB

i used the live tuning which is one step higher... E A D A D E... lesser strings to adjust n also can play sum power chords as a intro only the part where he starts to "O..I feel the coldness of my winter" tat part is just complicating to play by ear other than tat the whole song is find just wanna noe if any one can teach me tat part

JP uses standard tuning in the 'live' versions versus the D-G-C-G-C-D (low to high) tuning of the studio. You might find that easier then the studio version. Just a thought. DB

When have you seen Jimmy Page use a standard tuning for this?

So far I think JimmY Page has not use standard tuning for this song, but i try do it...it is possible...in the key of G...but need to stretch a little...

AFAIK Page has never used standard tuning on this song. Live, he used to use the ES1275 double neck, with the twelve string tuned to standard tuning for Song Remains the Same and the 6 string neck to the open tuning for the Rain Song.

Rain Song *can* be played in standard tuning but of course doesn't benefit from some of the easy fingerings (as Lester says, stretchy) and you don't get some of those nice open string ringing effects.

I learned it in standard tuning since I read the music from the book 'Led Zeppelin Complete' which had no tab, a couple of decades ago. There was no mention of an alternate tuning, and the internet was not widespread back then. I kept thinking 'damn! How the hell does he play this?' :)

Back