The most beautiful singing I've heard all year...

growlingsoulpup

Nevermind that this clip is from 1993.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG9wJu1Fm2A

It's just so stunning, the range he goes through...from that low, velvety tone in the intro to the wide open tenor, and that that piercing, pleading, achingly beautiful falsetto. Wow. Just wow. It moved me to tears and I'm still tingling all over typing this.

Moments like this are what inspire me as a singer. I know I might never be able to reach the heights of such beauty but they inspire me to try.

I notice Bono tends to go off-pitch occasionally, but he's still one of my favourite singers because of his vocal range, his singing style and his ability to enhance the effect of a song with his singing. Yep, in short, his singing is beautiful. :cool: I rather be able to sing like him than any super technically gifted singer out there.

Last edited:
The really inspiring thing about his vocals is when you listen to U2's early records from, say, 1980-1983, he was really not very good at all. He had a lot of passion but technically he was a very poor singer. But he kept practising and working hard, and his voice just kept improving and improving until he reached that standard where he could hit both phenomenal high Cs as well as reach down very low for that sexy tone. That's what really inspires me as a vocalist, the proof that hard work DOES pay off, and that you don't have to be born gifted to be a good singer.

The really inspiring thing about his vocals is when you listen to U2's early records from, say, 1980-1983, he was really not very good at all. He had a lot of passion but technically he was a very poor singer. But he kept practising and working hard, and his voice just kept improving and improving until he reached that standard where he could hit both phenomenal high Cs as well as reach down very low for that sexy tone. That's what really inspires me as a vocalist, the proof that hard work DOES pay off, and that you don't have to be born gifted to be a good singer.

HELL YEAH BRO! You'll one day be a great singer. Everyone who works hard will be. ;D People who work hard for something they don't have will treasure their fruits of success forever, and that is what the world needs. I love passionate people like you

Back